Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fuel Treatment

Banks86

Hi, I have just had my car in for a service and MOT at Ford and on the visual health check it says they recommend a fuel treatment, this is the first time this has been recommend so I was just wondering if this is something worth doing? if so can I do this my self?

Many thanks,

Kyle

1 hour ago, Banks86 said:

Hi, I have just had my car in for a service and MOT at Ford and on the visual health check it says they recommend a fuel treatment, this is the first time this has been recommend so I was just wondering if this is something worth doing? if so can I do this my self?

Many thanks,

Kyle

It's their way of obtaining an extra couple of pounds from you. Just buy a 4 bottle pack of redex from your local Halfords for £10 and put a bottle in when you next fill up with a full tank of fuel. 

That's what I thought, do you know when it is best to use, with an empty tank, full tank, 1/4 full. had a look online and they we're all different?

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Banks86 said:

That's what I thought, do you know when it is best to use, with an empty tank, full tank, 1/4 full. had a look online and they we're all different?

Cheers.

When you next fill the tank you put the designated amount of redex in. (Depends on what size of bottle or pack you get)

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/redex-petrol-multi-shots-4x90ml

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club