Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service oil warning light

scoot600

I have a service oil warning light coming on whenever I start the car. I have tried the clutch and brake pedal solution for removing it but to no avail.

Does this warning signify some sort of problem or is it just a timing thing for an oil change?

The model is a 1.6 TDCI  Focus Sport

did you have the door closed when you tried to do the reset for oil

13 minutes ago, andypsp said:

did you have the door closed when you tried to do the reset for oil

yes all doors shut

for oil reset its brake and accelerater down then ign on, if that doesnt switch light off, then theres a fault somewhere that needs investigation

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

for oil reset its brake and accelerater down then ign on, if that doesnt switch light off, then theres a fault somewhere that needs investigation

Will try that, I may have been doing it wrong by pressing clutch and brake

Have you actually checked the oil level? That light is the oil pressure light which means there is either a lack of oil or the pressure it too low.

Also when was the oil last changed? You have a MK2.5 with a 1.6TDCi engine. This needs to be done every 6000 miles to maintain a working engine.

so was it due an oil change , or wasnt it reset last time it was changed?

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem. I have just serviced the car ( ford focus 1.6 TDI 2013 model ) changed oil, oil filter and air filter then cleared service light by brake and accelerater depression but after an hour or two the oil service light comes on again?.

• 1 month later...

I experienced the same problem as Keith Walker. So serviced car (focus 2011 2.0TD), cleared service light,  and 3 days later light back on, and stayed back on even after clearing multiple times.   Any solutions yet?

Have you put enough oil in and is it the red light on the dash you have comeing on