• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sloopy

sloopy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma
Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

My Nephew's Puma, an R reg, 1.7, petrol, manual, has a really, really annoying problem.

The electric windows switch which operates both windows ceases to work on a regular basis.

Replacing the button-switch has always cured the problem, along with a new 30 amp fuse.
My nephew is very heavy-handed and so the push switch always gets broken.

THIS TIME, replacing the switch hasn't worked.

What is there at the present is a blue-block connector, that goes into one recoeptor on the underside of the switch, and then 4 spade terminals which fit into the other receptor.
These spade connectors carry 4 wires- White, Double Orange, Yellow and Black.

The 4 terminals inside the receptors are numbered, 1 , 2 and 3 on the top row, and 7 on the bottom.

Question 1 is:
What is the correct wire-colour sequence for the spade terminals?

Question 2 is:
As the blue-block seems to be Iffy, is it possible to extract the wires from the blue-block, attach spade terminals to the wires,and connect them to the receptor terminals, thus getting rid of the Iffy blue-block?

Question 3 is:
Is there a different fault altogether, causing the non operation?

I do so hope you can help.

Best wishes

Edited by DanGull, 03 March 2010 - 09:04 PM.
Retitled - not sure what this has to do with Windows 7 and I see I'm not alone...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,896 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

My Nephew's Puma, an R reg, 1.7, petrol, manual, has a really, really annoying problem.

The electric windows switch which operates both windows ceases to work on a regular basis.

Replacing the button-switch has always cured the problem, along with a new 30 amp fuse.
My nephew is very heavy-handed and so the push switch always gets broken.

THIS TIME, replacing the switch hasn't worked.

What is there at the present is a blue-block connector, that goes into one recoeptor on the underside of the switch, and then 4 spade terminals which fit into the other receptor.
These spade connectors carry 4 wires- White, Double Orange, Yellow and Black.

The 4 terminals inside the receptors are numbered, 1 , 2 and 3 on the top row, and 7 on the bottom.

Question 1 is:
What is the correct wire-colour sequence for the spade terminals?

Question 2 is:
As the blue-block seems to be Iffy, is it possible to extract the wires from the blue-block, attach spade terminals to the wires,and connect them to the receptor terminals, thus getting rid of the Iffy blue-block?

Question 3 is:
Is there a different fault altogether, causing the non operation?

I do so hope you can help.

Best wishes

ive no idea but when i have these wiring issues i tend to go to a scrapyard and have a look i think i would cut the block off another puma with wiring attatched a good 2 inches should do it then solder it to the original wires and use heatshrink on it to protect the wiring

#3 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

You may wish to update the thread title - I was expecting something a little different ... !

#4 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

You may wish to update the thread title - I was expecting something a little different ... !

I too noticed this earlier but thought i would let it go unnoticed in case i was being slightly daft and it was correct :lol:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users