Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Numerous electrical faults

Tonycampbell89

Hi there I am new to this site I have signed up due to the fact I have an issue ongoing with my car and I don't know what it could be. I have just bought the car it is a ford focus cc 2008. I was driving the car to work after buying the car. I stopped in at a services switched the ignition off. done what I had to do then got back in the car and then started the car up and numerous electrical faults occurred, the engine warning light came on, the bonnet open sensor has come on but the bonnet is closed and I made sure of it. also my heater fans, window de mister buttons don't work, the lights come on but nothing happens, also the roof down and up button doesn't wor. the roof won't go down but it still tries to go up and also when I switch the lights from auto to manual the fog lights front and back also don't work. could anyone please help me I dont know what I will do and now especially with the colder days coming in I do need help with it. help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi Tony. I'd take the car back to where you bought it and tell them to sort it. Seems to me they duped you.

Yeh I should have. I have just went out and bought a volt reader for my battery and it is reading 14.4 when it starts and when it is off it jumps between 11.6 and 11.8 it's doesn't take long for it to go down either but going to recharge the battery and hopefully that will solve the issue.

If charging doesn't help then you'll probably need a new battery. New batteries, uprated ones, have helped a number of people on here and cured some electronic gremlins.

On 07/11/2016 at 11:20 PM, Tonycampbell89 said:

the bonnet open sensor has come on but the bonnet is closed and I made sure of it. also my heater fans, window de mister buttons don't work, the lights come on but nothing happens, also the roof down and up button doesn't wor. the roof won't go down but it still tries to go up and also when I switch the lights from auto to manual the fog lights front and back also don't work

All that list is connected to the BCM (aka GEM, and is part of the passenger fuse box). It could be low volts due to a dud battery affecting it. Otherwise, pull it out, removing all connectors, and have a good look for evidence of dirt or corrosion due to water. Also there are some big connectors in front of the passenger door, behind the plastic trim panel. These are also subject to water damage.

(You will need the radio code etc, if it has one, as it will be like disconnecting the battery. In fact, it is probably best to disconnect the battery first)

I would guess in a CC, water damage is even more likely than in a hard top.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club