Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Issues

Rhys16

I have a 2005 fiesta ghia 1.6 and I've had some trouble recently I hope someone could help with.

Basically it has some trouble starting, i'd say 50% of the time, whereby I put the key in and turn it. Everything will seem normal, the car will start and then 1 of couple of things happen:

1) it will just die straight away and stall

2) it will start and idle a bit rough. pressing the accelerator either does not respond at all or pressing it makes the revs drop. if you hold the accelerator slightly, it will stall the engine

3) it could start up fine no problem

When the engine has started, there is no problems at all when driving. No flashing lights, no strange things with the dials, no dropping of revs. It's absolutely fine.

Has anyone had this problem and could they share some light on what the issue is?

Thanks

I have no bright ideas, but I would put a fault code reader on it to see if that gives any clues.

Had similar problems with a diesel corsa and it was the injectors.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club