Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car hit by taxi while parked

Kylinski

Gutted! 

My car was hit by a taxi driver early Saturday morning! 

Fortunately, my car was parked at the time and no one was injured. Taxi driver appeared shaken but OK. 

I live on a very wide road, the taxi driver was obviously distracted by something? The police say the driver could have fallen asleep as he stated he had worked a lot of hours. 

Car has gone in for repairs. It was hit with such force, it ended up on the pavement! 

Damage to drivers door, front wing, alloy wheel, steering mechanism, drive shaft, and maybe chassis. 

It was due to be picked up and returned to Ford that morning for a continuing leak from the sunroof.

Not had much luck with this car . . . 

Driving while tired is just as bad (if not worse) than drink driving in my opinion.  Thank goodness nobody was hurt!  Cars can be repaired/replaced, but people are harder to "repair" and impossible to replace.

That said, I'd be pretty peeved!! :angry:

• Like 1

Well, I hope no other Edge owners are involved in accidents as Ive been informed by the garage repair people not to expect my car back this side of xmas! 

This is due to the time taken to order parts from the U.S 

it's turned out to be a major bad decision to buy an Edge what with the problems I've had with it already. 

Would I recommend buying an Edge to anyone? 

NOPE! 

Had slight accident in way of small dent in drivers door (down to clean metal) about 6mm round in size, courtesy of unknown @#$$/ in car park whilst taking my daughter ice skating for birthday treat. Dealers are getting back to me as I complained about poor paint repair on edge of tailgate aperture. Still problematic auto tailgate. Told dealers I wanted it sorted under warranty.

But still overall happy with car.

Sorry to hear about your car's damage. Glad no serious injuries involved, Just the annoying aggravation that goes with these things.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been 4 weeks since I last saw my damaged Edge. 

I cant say I miss it tbh. 

Regarding the taxi driver, I sent an e mail to my local council explaining the situation and enquiring as to whether taxi drivers hours are regulated as they are with HGV drivers. 

Recieved a reply through the post. 

Incredibly, they are not regulated, which means taxi drivers can work as many hours as they wish! WOW! Certainly make me think twice before getting into a taxi! 

Oh, and the police are not charging him with any driving offences!! WTF! 

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

On 11/15/2016 at 10:59 PM, Kylinski said:

it's turned out to be a major bad decision to buy an Edge what with the problems I've had with it already. 

Oh Man! That's sickening to see :sad:

What other problems have you have had that makes in a bad decision for you? Likes/Dislikes?

Car has been back at Ford twice, due to go back in again the morning of the accident. 

On going problem with leaking pan roof. 

Loose door trim

Damaged (before delivery) of 'Edge'  sill trim. 

Rear electric folding seat not working.

Exceeding speed limit warning 'chime' not working. 

Traffic sign recognition not working. 

Things I like/dislike ( I was going to start a thread on this) 

Well styled, nice looking car  

Good level of equipment  for price. 

Adaptive headlights

Dislikes

Poor build quality

Under powered deisel engine

Powershift padles do absolutely nothing. No notable quicker gear shift. 

Sport mode does absolutely nothing. YAWN!

Sloshing fuel tank noise

No digital speedo. 

Difficult to understand sat nav. "Take a slight right turn". What the hell is a slight right/left turn?? I think this was intended more for American roads? 

Sorry this list isn't more positive. 

Got rough estimate for repair work to dent suffered whilst taking my daughter on birthday treat.

Official Ford repair centre are talking in the region of £300.00ish to repair this small dent in drivers door.

Still no news on faulty tailgate problem, though to be fair, it has not played up for a while.

Sensors seem to be behaving themselves as well (at the moment).

Don't know about 4WD but got 4 wheel drift when hit patch of oil on a roundabout, kept control of car.

Training sessions on police skidpan whilst working as Pdi technician/delivery driver helped out in this case.

I have not let onto dealers that I used to be in the car trade, keeping that ace up my sleeve until the time is right.

Dealers have sent me a questionaire to fill out about my car buying experiences, am holding off before answering at moment, debating what to put down in words.

Dave

Dent 2.JPG

On 05/12/2016 at 11:00 PM, Kylinski said:

Well, it's been 4 weeks since I last saw my damaged Edge

Looking at your pictures of damage, I am a bit surprised at the amount of damage to your edge compared with the damage to the taxi.

Though also I am bearing in mind that a picture won't show the true extent of the damage that a visual inspection would show.

Makes my dent pail into nothing compared with your door.

4 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

Got rough estimate for repair work to dent suffered whilst taking my daughter on birthday treat.

Official Ford repair centre are talking in the region of £300.00ish to repair this small dent in drivers door.

Had one like that in my dads Fiesta door (from a cricket ball at some pace!), Chips away fixed it for £80. I was so impressed with it (perfect colour match and absolutely no reflection distortion what so ever afterwards), I use then for every ding and scrape now.

5 hours ago, DavesEdge said:

Looking at your pictures of damage, I am a bit surprised at the amount of damage to your edge compared with the damage to the taxi.

Though also I am bearing in mind that a picture won't show the true extent of the damage that a visual inspection would show.

Makes my dent pail into nothing compared with your door.

I don't think it's the door and wing that's the issue. It's the suspension and steering parts that are being "shipped" NOT flown from Canada, to Germany then on to here!

in the mean time I have a lovely (not) Toyota Auris to drive! 

I think a bit of shopping around may be in order for repair to dent in drivers door as I have just received my local dealers officIal quote of £608.95

So their initial guestimate of £300ish was quite a bit off the mark. Also quite a bit more than I was expecting.

The quote was also based on a Kuga as they do not have provision (currently) for the Edge.

• 1 month later...

9 weeks later, and I now have my car back minus some lower wing plastic trim which the repair shop are still waiting for. 

Now it seems the "lane keeping" function no longer works and I get the dash alert and chime saying its malfunctioned. 

The stop/start function no longer works. 

Door card door handle was is missing, probably lost or broken, (this wasn't damaged in the accident).

Car is going into repair shop Friday to resolve these issues, then back to Ford for a list of other issues that were ongoing before the accident, including a leaking sun roof. 

Never again will will I buy a Ford! 

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Kylinski said:

Car has been back at Ford twice, due to go back in again the morning of the accident. 

On going problem with leaking pan roof. 

Loose door trim

Damaged (before delivery) of 'Edge'  sill trim. 

Rear electric folding seat not working.

Exceeding speed limit warning 'chime' not working. 

Traffic sign recognition not working. 

Things I like/dislike ( I was going to start a thread on this) 

Well styled, nice looking car  

Good level of equipment  for price. 

Adaptive headlights

Dislikes

Poor build quality

Under powered deisel engine

Powershift padles do absolutely nothing. No notable quicker gear shift. 

Sport mode does absolutely nothing. YAWN!

Sloshing fuel tank noise

No digital speedo. 

Difficult to understand sat nav. "Take a slight right turn". What the hell is a slight right/left turn?? I think this was intended more for American roads? 

Sorry this list isn't more positive. 

For any one reading these posts and are thinking of ordering an Edge be warned the build quality is dreadful and as for the Satnav its junk. I have run TomToms for years now and they are far better than integral units but I never have the sound turned on it drives me insane telling me turn here turn there I just use it as a rolling map As ford Sony Sat Nav you cant install poi's you cant put speed cameras on it (Elf & Safety brigade go boil your heads) and the RDS traffic is to slow so I have treated myself to a new tomtom 5200 wireless with life time world maps, HD Traffic & Cameras with a 25% discount from being a valued customer. I have installed over 500 Work sites in less than a minute As they do not have post codes (Security reasons) 

Just one thing for any muppets from the Ford Design Centre you have obviously never driven the Edge on UK Motorways in the dark during rush hour because younwould not have put that totally rediculous set of bright LEDS on the front dash that dazzles you every time some prat jumps into your saftey space! Fortunatley two strips of black electrical tape has cured this.

Some idiot has decided to open a door onto the passenger door and the body shop want it for three days foe a dent The size of a finger nail!

So far:-

Auto dipping turned off

Lane keeping turned off

Collidion avoidance on minimum leds tapped over

Fuel tank sloshing

Rattle from passenger door area

Carpet in drivers foot well coming away from trim

Head lamps dreadful

Usless Sat Nav

This is the last time I will ever go near a Ford again 

Sorry for the spelling as size 10 hands on an HTC phone do not go together very well.