Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus clutch biting point

rg1642

Hi all,

I know the biting points seem to vary on clutches but after I recently changed the DMF, clutch & slave the biting point has literally been just off the floor and its very easy to stall. I pressure bled the system but compared to the other focus's in the house the pedal seems a little sloppy for the first few mm of travel. Do you think there may still be some air in there? How long should I let fluid run through from the pressure bleeder too? There were no bubbles coming out. Can air get trapped anywhere?

ta

Russ

I have not worked on one of these. I assume it has the modern concentric type of slave cylinder. I have read many reports of bleeding these being problematic and people saying it needs to be reverse bled (pumping fluid in via the bleed nipple). I am not sure if that is what you meant by pressure bled. apologies if that is what you have already done

• Like 1

I prefer to vacuum bleed now. The last focus clutch I bled I done it in less than a minute and around 400-500ml of fluid. 

• Like 1

Yay it is one of the 'in the bell housing' concentric slaves. Used a Sealey pressure bleeder from the reservoir. Looking at the system the bleed nipple is obviously above the slave so it would appear gravity has some place in the bleed. I don't see an obvious reason why bleeding from the back up would make any difference but I may try it just in case :)

I had this after a clutch change on my old 56 plate tdci after about a week it normal

14 hours ago, mikeyd1 said:

I had this after a clutch change on my old 56 plate tdci after about a week it normal

This has stayed the same for months now. Drivable but just want to know about the sloppy pedal. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club