Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiesta_lad

Heater is playing up

6 posts in this topic

Hi all i have a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine 2001 51 plate. When iam driveing my heater blows out warm/cold air but once i stop and idle the engine for a few minutes it blows out hot air like it should but once i drive of again it blows out warm/cold air again now in august 2008 i had the heater valve replaced and from then to 2night the heater was working fine but now it not has hot like it used to be anyone know what it could be cheers alan.

Might get more luck posting this in the fiesta section rather than the focus section kidda. But my best guess is an airlock in the heater matrix.

Might get more luck posting this in the fiesta section rather than the focus section kidda. But my best guess is an airlock in the heater matrix.

Did'nt know i posted it in the focus side :lol: if it is a air lock what the easyest way to get rid cheers alan

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open.

Does the engine get up to temp just as quick?

Piggy :)

If the thermostat was stuck open it would blow hot when the engines hot. If it was stuck closed it wouldnt get hot at all. It wouldnt just get hot when the cars stood.

If its an air lock the heating system needs bleeding to get the air out. Not 100% sure how you'd do that. Of course its possible the part you replaced last year is faulty and needs doing again.