Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ELMCONFIG

sonic113

Hi fella's  ,

I serviced the Mk2 focus and then ran Elmconfig and clicked reset pcm and KAM modules (dont ask why its been one of those days lol! I was just trying to clear memory for it to relearn again) Thing is when I started it up then it cut back out, I had to hold accelerator down a little to get her started then I took it for a drive all went well. Car drove 100% . It seems to be ok now would this just of been the modules resetting and should settle down bck to normal after a few journeys?

Thanks

Resetting the PCM clears all the learned values for a number of sensors, it is no wonder the car was running badly to start with. it would have taken a little while for the car to adapt the values, but a PCM reset is not something that should be done Willy nilly as far as know. It is also advisaeable to back up any modules configuration before doing anything so you can restore it to it's previous settings should anything go wrong.

• Like 2

Simon

Thanks for replying, so it will relearn the values to these senors after a while?

Trust me lesson learned for future ref about messing with functions I don't know much about lol!. I just thought the pcm reset module function would be like leaving the battery off for a while to reset thing. 

I will make sure to back up all original configurations from now on just to be sure. Im looking for a bit of a guide for elm congif but cant seem to fins any type of info on most of its functions anywhere.

• 6 months later...

Hi.

Do anyone  know how the different lightsettings work in ELm config 02.17c.?

The car a Galaxy 2007, is imported from Belgium to Norway, and i have succesfylly activated  the dayrunninglights, but the autolight on the switch seems to behave just like the light on switch. The instrument lights dim down even if it is daylight. The settins i chose was : Always dipped light ecxept in pos "p"  , with dimmed dipped headlights,  The rearlight is always on on the settings i chose.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:51 PM, rhystad said:

Hi.

Do anyone  know how the different lightsettings work in ELm config 02.17c.?

The car a Galaxy 2007, is imported from Belgium to Norway, and i have succesfylly activated  the dayrunninglights, but the autolight on the switch seems to behave just like the light on switch. The instrument lights dim down even if it is daylight. The settins i chose was : Always dipped light ecxept in pos "p"  , with dimmed dipped headlights,  The rearlight is always on on the settings i chose.

Rhystad please ask this question here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/12-ford-galaxy-club/

Sonic, it might be worth posting your original question in the right forum: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/25-ford-c-max-club/