Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What do people do for work?

Rogers4796

I am IT consultant. Wish I could drive those though

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yard shunter at present but going back out on the road in January.

We have mostly Volvo's and a shed load of hired units in at the moment along with our rigids and a load more hired in rigids currently for peak. 

• Like 1

Business Analyst. 

However I have always fancied driving HGV's, just never got around to doing it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

This is what I do every day...

enhanced-31755-1446492967-5.png

And then the doctor wonders why my blood pressure is so high!

I used to work in a call centre, I feel your pain lol.

• Like 1

Retired due to ill health, but formally a coal miner and then Children and families social worker.

• Like 1

When I was younger that would of been my dream job.l ended up being a postman driver retired now 77 years young 

I'm surprised how many people want to drive HGV, always thought it'd be really stressful trying to make deadlines around impassable traffic and trying not to kill the idiots in cars and bikes that sit in your blind spot totally oblivious...  Not to mention trying to park them! :laugh: 

I'm currently a lavatory paper test subject living off your taxes (that sounds better than employed due mainly to digestive issues right! :rolleyes: ).

• Like 2

I'm surprised how many people want to drive HGV, always thought it'd be really stressful trying to make deadlines around impassable traffic and trying not to kill the idiots in cars and bikes that sit in your blind spot totally oblivious...  Not to mention trying to park them! [emoji23] 

I'm currently a lavatory paper test subject living off your taxes (that sounds better than employed due mainly to digestive issues right! :rolleyes: ).

I think the hgv thing is the over the top movie dream as a child. You know the one were Sylvester Stallone is a truck driver

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

central heating installer was my childhood dream

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Surely you're a Civil service sub-contracted Loo Roll Quality Control Analyst:smile:

• Like 3

mechanic/technician for nearly 37 yrs, and enjoying my new job working on vauxhalls cough! cough!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GMX said:

central heating installer was my childhood dream

Surely you're a Civil Service sub-contracted Loo Roll Quality Control Analyst:smile:

I've been wondering what to put as my job title on Facebook, I reckon that's the one!! :biggrin:

Street Works (roadworks) Network Data Officer for the local highway authority.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

58 minutes ago, GMX said:

Surely you're a Civil Service sub-contracted Loo Roll Quality Control Analyst:smile:

After my MRI this morning, I've been moonlighting in the same area :ohmy:

• Like 2

I design electronic security systems.

Although many moons ago I used to be allowed to manoeuvre my dad's artic around the company yard. Nearest I got to driving them for realm

16 hours ago, simcor said:

Yard shunter at present but going back out on the road in January.

We have mostly Volvo's and a shed load of hired units in at the moment along with our rigids and a load more hired in rigids currently for peak. 

Who do you work for fella?

11 hours ago, JIMMWX said:

Business Analyst. 

However I have always fancied driving HGV's, just never got around to doing it.

Love the Job mate

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm surprised how many people want to drive HGV, always thought it'd be really stressful trying to make deadlines around impassable traffic and trying not to kill the idiots in cars and bikes that sit in your blind spot totally oblivious...  Not to mention trying to park them! :laugh: 

There are no deadlines here mate nice slow drive to store tip, then go park up for an hour or 2 and take slow drive back to yard. You would not believe how many idiots think you can stop a 40 tonne Lorry like a car! It's more easier than you think to reverse and park them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rogers4796 said:

Who do you work for fella?

Drop it hide it lose it lol 

Complete with half the yard sinking with the warehouse hopefully falling into it currently lol 

Work for the regional water authority, turning poo into power!!!!

• Like 4

On 18/11/2016 at 10:58 AM, Huddersfielder said:

Work for the regional water authority, turning poo into power!!!!

Now that is close to my dream job!

I have spent quite a few enjoyable days at Davyhulme STW, and other poo processing places. Usually measuring methane, or sewage flow, or controlling compressors, pumps & valves. Nice.

One even nicer job was being in control of the tidal sluice gates on the River Rother, in flood, in December, at night. My purpose there was to monitor the equipment I has designed & installed to control the gates. But being left in charge of three 10 ton radial gates was fun. When I was much younger, I loved making channels & dams on the beach, now I had a big river to play with!

But all that was years ago. The company I worked for pulled out of water, then pulled out completely (went bust). I have been self employed since then, deskbound, designing & making flow & pressure monitoring stuff, and test gear, for others to use. It has all got rather less fun as the years tick by. Too much pointless bureaucracy and silliness now. Ugh.

• Like 1

I'm a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operator, been in the industry twelve years now.

Also known as "Chemical Process Operator" Or "Scoop Monkey"

I really enjoy it playing a part in prolonging and improving life and the place I'm in works three shifts so every third week is nights, second week is evenings so overall on an average month I only have to get up before 7am for 12days of the month; the rest of the month is either nights or evenings also pays 50% more than I can justify 😁

• Like 2

I always wondered how you could afford to do so much to your car and house, Lenny...  Now I see, working in a meth lab! :laugh:

• Like 3