Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Start Technology

Josh123

Hi all,

I am currently driving a 1.0 Ecoboost with stop start...Now I bought the car this time last year and even at 5 degrees outside the engine would stop when in neutral as with any manual stop start car...But recently sort of since September, the engine hasn't cut out as much as what it did back last November etc. The other day I drove 1 mile up the road, and the engine was cold in 4 degree weather and the engine stop/started fine, yet I did a 50 mile drive in warmer weather only last weekend and when I eventually came to a halt, the engine did not stop, which I thought was a bit strange. Now I know that it won't cut out all the time, but I do just think it's a bit weird that the car has had a good run out and it the engine would not stop/start. 

Now it's not a huge problem, but could a quick service make it work more again? Or that something might be damaged or even theasier car has done a lot more miles than before?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Josh

Start / Stop has some limitations....
battery must be charged for at least 80%, front and rear windscreen heating on = no go, climate / air conditioning = no go, headlights on = no go  and below 4 ° it does not work, etc
These are just the main reasons why it is not working.

1 hour ago, beethoven said:

Start / Stop has some limitations....
battery must be charged for at least 80%, front and rear windscreen heating on = no go, climate / air conditioning = no go, headlights on = no go  and below 4 ° it does not work, etc
These are just the main reasons why it is not working.

Mine works with headlights on and below 4c, doesn't work with the rest on though.   

Mine works with air con on, headlights on and rear heated screen, but not front screen, not noticed if it works below 4c .

probably not as the front heated screen automatically switches on without illuminating the switch at low outside temps.

Well, I'm surprised, does work at 3c outside temp and engine still not up to temp.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club