Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2 2009 Replacement Boot Trim

drbabbers

All,

My boot trim (if that is the correct name for the part) had fallen off and requires replacing. Its been a bit of a nightmare... I did initally try some no nails, but that just got messy and it never dried properly. I have attached a couple of photos to show the current situation.

Can anyone please recommend how I can get a new boot trim and also the clips that were attached underneath? They were all broken and snapped so I removed them and left the bolts only as pictured.

Much appreciated thanks! :)

Dean

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.jpg

Cant see it being too expensive for a brand new one from Fords. They are about £20 on eBay for a used one. 

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Cant see it being too expensive for a brand new one from Fords. They are about £20 on ebay for a used one. 

Thanks mate. What specifically do I need to search for on eBay? Is it this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-Focus-Chrome-Tailgate-Handle-2007-2011-1581833-/311736157533?hash=item4894ec455d:g:kfoAAOSwcLxYIHMc

Thanks

Dean

7 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I will see if i can find one for you.

Thank you

Dean

I realised my error and deleted it but you had already replied.

Is yours a facelift mk2.5?

Just now, WES180 said:

I realised my error and deleted it but you had already replied.

Is yours a facelift mk2.5?

Yes mate it is if I understand you right! Its a MK2, but its the newer looking one?

Dean

It might be a trip to a breakers yard then mate, there are plenty of mk2 2005-2008 on there but yours is the facelift mk2.5 2008-2010 and there arent any used ones on eBay that i can see. £200 is very steep for the new one so i would definitely try some breakers yards.

Seems they are hard to get hold of as discussed here - 

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, WES180 said:

It might be a trip to a breakers yard then mate, there are plenty of mk2 2005-2008 on there but yours is the facelift mk2.5 2008-2010 and there arent any used ones on ebay that i can see. £200 is very steep for the new one so i would definitely try some breakers yards.

Seems they are hard to get hold of as discussed here - 

Thanks for your help so far. It looks like this is the cheapest I can find online:

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_chromed_tailgate_handle_f_1581833.htm

Can you please confirm this is the right part?

Ill also try the breakers...

Thanks

D

21 minutes ago, drbabbers said:

Thanks for your help so far. It looks like this is the cheapest I can find online:

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_chromed_tailgate_handle_f_1581833.htm

Can you please confirm this is the right part?

Ill also try the breakers...

Thanks

D

They have online help. Contact sales department and they will check the correct part via reg number or VIN.

All you get from here is guesses.

22 minutes ago, Tonis_T said:

All you get from here is guesses.

There are a few Ford Technicians on here and also others that have access to the parts computers so not entirely true. Just thought worth a mention.:smile:

I would do as you suggested anyway and supply the VIN number to Ford Parts Online to be sure.

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

There are a few Ford Technicians on here and also others that have access to the parts computers so not entirely true. Just thought worth a mention.:smile:

I would do as you suggested anyway and supply the VIN number to Ford Parts Online to be sure.

Yeah, I did forget that they have ford part numbers shown there so some one is able to help here too.

I have been helped by their sales department many times and they are really handy and helpful. Plus you do not have to wait when some one replys here but you get the help in real time. However they do not have all parts listed and and they have put up new listings that are matched via VIN code just for me.

The reason is that's an American site and doesn't recognise European VINs.

Contact the site you posted up, they will be able to confirm its correct for you.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_chromed_tailgate_handle_f_1581833.htm

Cheaper here on eBay by the time you add VAT and delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331797874827