Do Not Sell My Personal Information

condensation

tazzman600

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before so apologies if it has. This is my 3rd Mk4 Mondeo but this one's the worst for it. Condensation in the car and an age for it to clear off the glass. The front screen clears quite quickly but the rear takes ages and the rea door glass takes ages too. Yes I know it's that time of year again so I'm wondering what you fellow Mk4 owners use as an anti mist. I've seen a number of products but I'm interested in your recommendations. As always I'll appreciate all replies.

Following this for info [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok. But mine is always on and that's what gets me.

Have you any damp patches in the car, that's all I can suggest, I had this problem on my mk3 and that was due to damp from the door bottoms.

are your journeys just short ones i.e. Under 5-7 miles if so the car may never be drying out properly

10 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Ok. But mine is always on and that's what gets me.

you haven`t got it set to re-circlate all the time have you ? have you changed pollen filter in the last yr

Hi andy. I always have the air con set to fresh air in. Never to recirculate. As for pollen filter I don't know as I've only had it a few weeks but it does have a full dealer service history.

Pragmatix. No damp patches and my journeys are very short and I can appreciate the air con not having enough time to do is stuff. That's why I think I need an anti mist product.

On another forum someone suggested condensation traps (those pillow looking type things that attract moisture)

As was suggested check the pollen filter, not changed on a minor service just on the major ones and that could be 2  years apart, I change mine at the end of Summer.

Sorry no experience of those moisture pillows.

Thanks. I'll look at the papers I got with the car and check the receipts to see when the pollen filter was last done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club