Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willy's 5 Door Fiesta ST Thread

Willy

@WillyHow are you finding the performance and handling differences?

2 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

And any comments on how you are finding ride/seat comfort would be of interest too, thanks😀

2 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Really good. The ride is still firm but much more comfortable. Cornering is effortless.

I had a diff in the MK7 and loved it. In the MK8 is does exactly the same job and wouldn't have a car without one now.

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

And any comments on how you are finding ride/seat comfort would be of interest too, thanks😀

The seats are my only issue at the moment. I find there narrow and squeeze you legs all the time. Have had to sit on a blanket to cure that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Willy said:

I find there narrow and squeeze you legs all the time. Have had to sit on a blanket to cure that.

Thanks, Willy. I found that also and I'm not exactly massive in build - don't fancy spending that amount of cash to be uncomfortable, though I've seen comments that they ease a bit in time - no doubt you'll let us know!

Your comments on the suspension are a lot more encouraging though - sounds similar to the ST200 where the ride and handling was improved by the modded suspension. Hopefully as with the ST200 the modded set up will find it's way onto the regular ST in due course!

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Your comments on the suspension are a lot more encouraging though - sounds similar to the ST200 where the ride and handling was improved by the modded suspension. Hopefully as with the ST200 the modded set up will find it's way onto the regular ST in due course!

My MK7 ST hand the later ST200 suspension setup because it was a later build but found it still very firm. The Coilovers on the Performance Edition are alot nicer.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well the Performance Edition is gone, replaced by a MK4 Focus STd.

The Fiesta just wasn't for me after only a few months.

20200320_064641.thumb.jpg.34be105e2d2bcc74aef02d6c2ba8cd74.jpg20200320_064623.thumb.jpg.a9853fcab04b6587315bc79deb42b6b1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Willy said:

The Fiesta just wasn't for me after only a few months.

That's a shame Willy, new car looks nice though!😀

I've concluded the Fiesta ST wouldn't work for me either, just don't think I could live with the seat, etc. I was chatting to the 2 sales guys in my small local dealer just before the coronavirus shutdown. They have an ST on demo at the moment and both of them refuse to drive it, unless they absolutely have to.

I do think Ford might get more sales if they toned it down a bit and possibly offered a "standard" version with suspension more in line with the ST-Line and, say, 180ps, plus a 200ps "performance" version with the harder suspension, trick diff etc, for those who want it, as VW have done with the Golf GTI and Hyundai do with the i30N.

The seats never improved after 8k miles plus hated the huge doors and the constant scraping on the drive. Unfortunately it had to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Just a little update. Pictures say it all.

The MK7 ST was still my favourite ford.

20210912_080936.jpg

20211104_065248.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy said:

Just a little update. Pictures say it all.

Nice! Though the pictures seem to be saying you have two Focus ST Editions which seems a little greedy!😀

• Haha 1