Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Camera is it possible?

Graham Jackson
聽Share

Good morning boys and girls. I recently bought myself a 15 reg Focus 1.5 tdci titanium in deep impact blue with sync 2 and the nice touch screen.聽I love the car it does 70 mph 馃槀馃槀馃槀 and is great on fuel. However I miss the reversing camera I fitted into my old mkll focus, I swapped the ford radio for an Alpine DVD player with touch screen etc then I installed an聽Alpine reversing camera. Although the new focus has rear reversing sensors I miss my rear camera view. Is it possible to add a reversing camera to the sync 2 unit?聽

Graham

It can be done but you'll have fun pulling up the carpets and the likes. You'll also need to tell the car modules that you've added the camera which you can do with Forscan/Focccus and an OBD2 adapter that can communicate with the CANBUS.

Pricing wise I couldn't guess, but I'd say unless you can find all the needed parts on eBay you'll be paying Ford prices.

拢50 and 1 hour if you fit a non ford one. I run the wire across the roof above the lining and have the screen attached to my rear view camera. I have 2 cameras on mine, a reversing one in the original location by the number plate that activates on reverse and a rear view one that is on all the time

Much cheaper than ford and the screen is where you are looking when you reverse, ie by the mirror

Hallo Graham,

here you have an original wiring scheme of the rear cam to SYNC II, hope you can see the pdf file.

Rear View camera Sync Gen 2 - Focus mk3.5.pdf

And as Andy said,聽you have to buy an ELM cable to connect the car with laptop and activate the functionality in your module.

• Like 1

You can buy kits that allow you to install a camera, and operate it manually,聽

Jamie

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for replying everyone. I think thats a job for the summer, it's on a Thursday this year.

Graham

• Like 2