6 replies to this topic

#1 sezimodo

sezimodo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4TDCi
Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Brr it was so chilly this morning. Today I went out to find a rather heavy frost on my car, and I just couldnt clear the front windscreen. I had used de-icer on the outside, but the quickclear appears to have stopped working. There were no signs of it working at all. I tried with or without the a/c with no difference.

The back windscreen (not quickclear) cleared fine using the same method and the heating elements were working. Am wondering if the fuse has blown, but I would have throught the back screen or the wipers would stop working too.

Any suggestions (other than park the car in a garage) :rolleyes:

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

By quickclear do you mean heated front screen or where it uses air con to clear mist quickly. Most misunderstand the latter is known as quickclear and the former is heated windscreen. If it is indeed the air con, it probably needs re-gassing. If you mean heated windscreen its most likely a fuse. The front screen heater uses so much power its on a fuse of its own. Had it been the rear your heated mirrors and washer jets would have stopped working too.

#3 slappyhaze

slappyhaze

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Not sure if you know this, or i'm just stating the obvious, but the heated front windscreen needs the engine to be turned fully on to work. It pulls enough power to warrant running from the alternator not just the battery. That also means it will affect your MPG if used a lot!!

#4 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Brr it was so chilly this morning. Today I went out to find a rather heavy frost on my car, and I just couldnt clear the front windscreen. I had used de-icer on the outside, but the quickclear appears to have stopped working. There were no signs of it working at all. I tried with or without the a/c with no difference.

The back windscreen (not quickclear) cleared fine using the same method and the heating elements were working. Am wondering if the fuse has blown, but I would have throught the back screen or the wipers would stop working too.

Any suggestions (other than park the car in a garage) :rolleyes:

Thanks

dont forget that the heated front screen has 2, yes 2 fuses for left handand right hand side of the screen.although it would seem strange that both fuses have blown........just a thought

#5 kremmen

kremmen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Puma

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

By quickclear do you mean heated front screen or where it uses air con to clear mist quickly. Most misunderstand the latter is known as quickclear and the former is heated windscreen. If it is indeed the air con, it probably needs re-gassing. If you mean heated windscreen its most likely a fuse. The front screen heater uses so much power its on a fuse of its own. Had it been the rear your heated mirrors and washer jets would have stopped working too.

Is the screen meant to clear quicker with aicon on?

Paul

#6 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Is the screen meant to clear quicker with aicon on?

Paul

yes because it removes moisture

#7 kremmen

kremmen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Puma

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

yes because it removes moisture

Not convinced. :o

Paul

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users