Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta quickclear stopped working

sezimodo

Hi everyone,

Brr it was so chilly this morning. Today I went out to find a rather heavy frost on my car, and I just couldnt clear the front windscreen. I had used de-icer on the outside, but the quickclear appears to have stopped working. There were no signs of it working at all. I tried with or without the a/c with no difference.

The back windscreen (not quickclear) cleared fine using the same method and the heating elements were working. Am wondering if the fuse has blown, but I would have throught the back screen or the wipers would stop working too.

Any suggestions (other than park the car in a garage) :rolleyes:

Thanks

By quickclear do you mean heated front screen or where it uses air con to clear mist quickly. Most misunderstand the latter is known as quickclear and the former is heated windscreen. If it is indeed the air con, it probably needs re-gassing. If you mean heated windscreen its most likely a fuse. The front screen heater uses so much power its on a fuse of its own. Had it been the rear your heated mirrors and washer jets would have stopped working too.

Not sure if you know this, or i'm just stating the obvious, but the heated front windscreen needs the engine to be turned fully on to work. It pulls enough power to warrant running from the alternator not just the battery. That also means it will affect your MPG if used a lot!!

Hi everyone,

Brr it was so chilly this morning. Today I went out to find a rather heavy frost on my car, and I just couldnt clear the front windscreen. I had used de-icer on the outside, but the quickclear appears to have stopped working. There were no signs of it working at all. I tried with or without the a/c with no difference.

The back windscreen (not quickclear) cleared fine using the same method and the heating elements were working. Am wondering if the fuse has blown, but I would have throught the back screen or the wipers would stop working too.

Any suggestions (other than park the car in a garage) :rolleyes:

Thanks

dont forget that the heated front screen has 2, yes 2 fuses for left handand right hand side of the screen.although it would seem strange that both fuses have blown........just a thought

By quickclear do you mean heated front screen or where it uses air con to clear mist quickly. Most misunderstand the latter is known as quickclear and the former is heated windscreen. If it is indeed the air con, it probably needs re-gassing. If you mean heated windscreen its most likely a fuse. The front screen heater uses so much power its on a fuse of its own. Had it been the rear your heated mirrors and washer jets would have stopped working too.

Is the screen meant to clear quicker with aicon on?

Paul

Is the screen meant to clear quicker with aicon on?

Paul

yes because it removes moisture

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club