Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient light retrofit (mk4 Mondeo)

OrangeBurst

Hi! I'm planning to retrofit a few ambient light LED to my Mk4 Mondeo. I'll put one LED to each door pocket. So I will need the power from somewhere. I guess the window switch would be good place..?

Here is an electrical diagram. The finger indicated by the LED can be found in the window switches, from left to right, passanger door (right) and the rear windows. Top right is the front window and the door module (86). There's not mention produce the driver side (left) window switch, even as others have mentioned separately. That 85 is mentioned only "door switch", is this still the same as other doors window switch(94, 96 & 95)? However, the color coding is not same in the diagram and in car, even there is three wire. From door switch 85 pin 3 is LIN BUS wire, I think it's for all other information (windows, mirrors and locks) to have passed through it?

So, in other words, whether it is safe / possible to take 12V continuous current from door switch 85 @ pin 1, window switches 94, 96 and 95 @ pin 1? Can I ground the LED directly to the door?

Sorry my english, hope you get the point :biggrin:

95939F14-B64F-4713-8F3B-08EE2A8A5BC7_zps

LED Uses barely any power at all, so it you take it from an ignition source with constant positive feed, then it should be find, as for the earth, the door itself should be fine, test with a multimeter first though!

Thanks for reply.. Yes, I meant ignition, not continous power.. But, pin 1 is not an ignition, as well as pin A/2 at door unit.. hmm, this is a tricky task..:dry: In other doors pin 1 works fine, but the drivers door, damn. Well, I'll guess I need to keep on searching with multimeter.. hopely don't cause any harm or break anything, can I?

if all you are testing is continuity for example, you can do no harm, I dont understand why pin 1 isnt ignition only on the drivers door though, unless I am looking at the wrong place, it should have the permanent connection, unless of course its controlled by the lights, as I can see a diode, just not sure if its an LED or not.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club