Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017MY Edge Ordered

Peter_B78

Hi all,

this past weekend I went and ordered an Oxford White Edge Titanium manual, with lux pack, front camera, and park assist. Deliberately picked one that was already at the vehicle holding centre. The screen at the dealer showed it as being a 2017MY.

Deliberated over colour but have had many blue, black or grey cars so fancied a change.

Had been on carwow and got a few prices through, showed them to my local dealer who matched the best offer I'd had.

Trading in my Freelander 2 GS that is now out of warranty so likely to get expensive to fix and wanted something with a bit more space as well as more readily available (and cheaper) servicing.

Just waiting for delivery to the dealers now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter_B78

• simonb65

• Jim610

• Ken.K

Congratulations on the purchase mate. I saw these at my local dealers and impressed. Why did you go for a manual though. I always think big cars are better suited with an autobox. Please put up pictures when you get it

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

To be honest the main reason was the price - I couldn't warrant the extra £2K-ish.

Also I had an auto Freelander 2 a few years ago and the extra fuel consumption was a killer. So that's made me wary of autos ever since.

And - I quite like a manual :)

I test drove both manual and auto before I opted for manual.  I took them on pretty much the same route and I am convinced that the auto was not in top gear whilst doing 70 mph on dual carriageway. 2500 rpm vs 2000 and a smidge for the manual.  My current Mondeo also does 2000 rpm at 70 mph which is more what I would expect.  It might have been it top and it was down to ratios but to my thinking a bigger engine, doing 20% more rpm at the same road speed = higher fuel consumption under the same conditions.  That is why I went with the manual.

Jim

Yeah I think that is with cvt autos. Cos it increase the revs but the not the mph so making the car noisy. Felt this with 1.5 ecoboost auto on the new mondeo. I love manuals but in London it is a strain

I opted for the automatic. My last 5 cars have be automatics. Not quite sure it works with a 2.0 litre Diesel engine though? 

Ive also noticed that the "power shift padles" do absolutely nothing  as does the "sport" mode! 

Remember when "sport" models actually meant more horsepower?

Now it just seems like stiffer suspension and extra body trim that's not even aerodynamic! 

Yeah I went for the Titanium because the sport didn't add anything that was of any value to me.

They do look nice though - especially the black sport that my local dealer has outside.

Mine is a Titanium, black with a lot of Sport options + adaptive headlights. 

The Sport 'trim' does look nice though, especially the tail pipes and black grill. 

On 11/23/2016 at 1:45 PM, Peter_B78 said:

Hi all,

this past weekend I went and ordered an Oxford White Edge Titanium manual, with lux pack, front camera, and park assist. Deliberately picked one that was already at the vehicle holding centre. The screen at the dealer showed it as being a 2017MY.

Have you looked up your VIN on ETIS to see if you have SYNC3, that is the sign of a MY2017. If its at the VHC in Zeebrugge, its probably sat there with mine and the other 133 built in the last week of Aug/Sept/Oct and due for the UK ... and it will have SYNC3 :biggrin:. Let me know when you get yours arrives at the dealer or you get a status update as my dealer is useless when it comes to updates! :ohmy: 

Yes I've looked on ETIS. Build date of 27th September and showing Sync 3.

Dealer originally said it was at VHC in Southampton.

On Saturday when I went in they had an expected delivery date of 3rd December. So they are expecting it late this week or early next.

@Peter_B78, what are the last 3 digits of you VIN. I have the manifest for the boat mine was on and mine is still in Zeebrugge waiting customs and transfer to the UK! ... apparently !

@Peter_B78,  Even though yours was built 2 weeks after mine, it managed to get on a boat (with 81 others) 3 weeks earlier than mine ... WTF!

It was released from the shipping company in Zeebrugge on 15/11/16. so probably is in Southampton by now :-( 

People said the Ford shipping was a bit random and chaotic, but that's just plain barmy!

Out of interest, where are you getting that information from?

Well as my dealer has not been giving me updates and when i asked originally, they went quiet for 2 weeks then said they couldnt get any progress info from ford! I eventually got a VIN, which I checked in ETIS, but no info was available until a week after the build date, so I got the window sticker from a website to make sure that it had all my options listed (seen a few posts of cars turning up with no front camera, etc).

Then scouting a few forums gave me a list of shipping companies used by Ford. Put my VIN in their trackers for 4 weeks untIl a ship plus Bill of Laden popped up. Tracked the ship for 3 weeks up down the US coast and across the atlantic to its unloading in Zeebrugge. The bill of laded shows all the VINs on that shipment. Put your VIN into the same shipping tracker and your shipment poped up!

Just a bit of detective work. Dealer still said they thought it was at the VHC Belgium, even thought the ship didnt arrived in Europe for another 3 days!

Trail has gone cold now as I dont know how/who transports it from Zeebgugge. I presume by ship to Southampton or Purfleet ... although it would be quicker to use a car transporter via the chunnal :-( Ford logistics isnt the best!

Guys

This might sound like a stupid question but approximately how long after you placed your orders did you get information about your VIN?  Was it volunteered by your dealers or did you need to go nagging to get it?

Jim

I ordered on June 25th, Original build slot allocated on the day for August 17th, I asked for a slightly later build slot to get sync3. Allocated one in september. pestered by phone and emal for 2 weeks for an actual revised date and VIN. On Sept 2nd I finally got the VIN and predicted build date of mid Sept. Found out on ETIS it actually got moved forward to first week in september and was build the day before!

Still feel a bit miffed thag I can track a £5 package shipment across the globe, but no one can tell me where my £36K+ is at any single instant in time! (unless your tracking the ship YOURSELF on AIS).

I got my VIN last Saturday when the V5 vehicle registration document dropped through my door!

Just heard, my car was delivered to the dealership today.

They want me to pick it up in the morning. But only letting me know at 6.30pm doesn't give me chance to wangle time off.

Also I asked a week ago about price and availability for having mud flaps fitted - no answer on that yet! I'd rather have them on the car when I collect it than have to mess around going back.

I've also still got over half a tank of diesel in my Freelander. Bet the Edge won't have more than a tenners worth in it.

Just heard, my car was delivered to the dealership today.
They want me to pick it up in the morning. But only letting me know at 6.30pm doesn't give me chance to wangle time off.
Also I asked a week ago about price and availability for having mud flaps fitted - no answer on that yet! I'd rather have them on the car when I collect it than have to mess around going back.
I've also still got over half a tank of diesel in my Freelander. Bet the Edge won't have more than a tenners worth in it.

Can't you siphon the diesel out the freelancer tank and put this in the edge.

To be honest I have no idea. Quite possibly but I don't have any equipment for doing so.

FInally got the price for mud flaps - £164 fitted!

Decided to leave it for now.

Should be picking the car up on Saturday.

On 12/1/2016 at 5:30 PM, Peter_B78 said:

Should be picking the car up on Saturday.

Did you pick it up on Saturday Peter? Mine finally cleared customs on Friday, so should have it in a week or two at most!

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Did you pick it up on Saturday Peter? Mine finally cleared customs on Friday, so should have it in a week or two at most!

Yes I picked it up. Loving it so far.

Only slight issue is the handbook is out of date and doesn't include any information about Sync 3. Didn't notice until I was looking through it Saturday evening. Spoke to dealer yesterday who are going to look at getting hold of an up to date one for me.

Yes I picked it up. Loving it so far.
Only slight issue is the handbook is out of date and doesn't include any information about Sync 3. Didn't notice until I was looking through it Saturday evening. Spoke to dealer yesterday who are going to look at getting hold of an up to date one for me.

Any pictures?