Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Is mpg corrrect

Ken.K

Technically cold start. Only drove to the vets cattery 2 mins away then did the reset. Before starting the journey. I know right very impressive

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hi all.....Saves starting another post,on this note,from the South west driving up to the north of England driving a 1.6 focus petrol Zetec climate 55 plate,being a 5 gear car I suppose stopping on route often will be good for the car as it hasn't got a 6th gear. Advice would be great on this.....thanks

Hi all.....Saves starting another post,on this note,from the South west driving up to the north of England driving a 1.6 focus petrol Zetec climate 55 plate,being a 5 gear car I suppose stopping on route often will be good for the car as it hasn't got a 6th gear. Advice would be great on this.....thanks

Mine is the same spec but 08 and not climate. I reckon if the car is serviced well and not pushed too much you can do it non stop. Just stick to 75 Max 80mph and you should be fine.

• Like 1

Yep it's all cool on the service side of things,like to keep up to date with those things. I do stick to just over 70 at the very max. With the 5th gear and revs high it does the engine good,gets the cobwebs blown out

Yep it's all cool on the service side of things,like to keep up to date with those things. I do stick to just over 70 at the very max. With the 5th gear and revs high it does the engine good,gets the cobwebs blown out

Yeah then your fine. Am contemplating to France maybe sometime next year if I have not gotten a 2l replacement then will definitely use it. I used to do 85 but since today will stick to just under 80. Car felt more responsive and quiet.

15 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Yeah then your fine. Am contemplating to France maybe sometime next year if I have not gotten a 2l replacement then will definitely use it. I used to do 85 but since today will stick to just under 80. Car felt more responsive and quiet.

Once I was doing 70 a little old fiesta overtook me and there engine sounded really loud,I expect that was a 1.2ltr around that size. 

Haha it really looked like a shed on wheels,you could tell the small car was working quite hard

Although the 1.2tfsi vag engines are super

On 11/26/2016 at 3:36 PM, Ken.K said:

Just did 130mile trip to Wolverhampton reset mpg and miles stuck to 75mph and on reaching destination checked avg mpg and I got 43.3mpg, I say not bad at all not bad.

Having the same engine as you, I got 41 MPG sticking at 70 MPH (with a few right hand lane overtaking bursts mixed in) on a 200 mile trip this weekend.

But my tyres were deflated (thanks Ford service dept!!) at only 29 PSI. Brought them back up to 33 PSI, once I found out after the trip :rolleyes:

41 with deflated tyres not bad. Only problem Now is the 5th gear though if only I got a 6th the focus would be excellent. But then did not plan on doing motorway miles a lot when I got it.

I've got an 03 MK1 petrol 1.6 Focus. I did around 400 miles on a full tank... mostly A Roads, is that good?? I don't know. It's my first car so still a little new to this...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In my 1.6 zetec im lucky to get 30 now and thats with me driving sensible all the time, i dont fly about, so id say 38 is decent, do what i did and upgrade, i got a merc and its strange to get less than 60mpg now

In my 1.6 zetec im lucky to get 30 now and thats with me driving sensible all the time, i dont fly about, so id say 38 is decent, do what i did and upgrade, i got a merc and its strange to get less than 60mpg now

Am looking at getting a mondeo in the new year.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 7:03 PM, Ken.K said:

41 with deflated tyres not bad. Only problem Now is the 5th gear though if only I got a 6th the focus would be excellent. But then did not plan on doing motorway miles a lot when I got it.

Likewise - I wish I knew too - then I would have gotten the 2.0 version of my car. But that said, the tax on it is eye-watering!

On 11/26/2016 at 9:27 PM, spurswes said:

One wonders how cars coped before the addition of a fifth gear, I used to own a Fiesta 1.1 with only 4 & a manual choke... :-)

Anyways that's just by the by. I used to be able to get from where I'm living near Oxford past the Scottish Border on 3/4 of a tank in my Pug 206 1.4 (even fully loaded) & that used to rev much higher than my 1.6 Mk1 Ford Focus does. I'd expect the mileage I get from it to be quite similar, not least because I don't have to rag this one to keep up with the traffic...

Edited by MickyG1982
Added stuff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club