Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Problems

Turbodrive

2006 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi, started no problem yesterday but after 200 yards battery light came on, then 200 yards later power steering went off and could hardly move the steering wheel, although engine was still running. Pulled over and turned engine off, when I tried to restart battery seemed flat. Left it for an hour went back and it fired up no problem but lots of warning lights on, power train, battery, ABS. Checked alternator belt this morning and it's fine. Only thing I've done before this happened was to drop the fuse box to put a new fuse in, but it ran okay for a day, could I have dislodged an ECU or something? Plugged a reader into OBD2 port but no error codes.Charged battery up, although it was still showing 11.7v when I took it off, and same thing happened again this morning. I'm at a loss so any advice would be great. Thanks.

Give all of the multi plugs a push on the fuse box as one may have came loose when you were doing the fuse. The plugs are prone to getting knocked about in the footwell and cause all kinds of problems.

• Like 1

search the site mate i'm sure you will get an answer and the 11.7v was that with engine running/not running lights and everything on or off

try one of these they're worth their weight in gold

http://www.diy.com/departments/0-600v-pocket-digital-multimeter/541251_BQ.prd?ecamp=Seapla&ppc_type=shopping&ds_kids=92700014239078955&gclid=Cj0KEQiAguXBBRCE_pbQ5reuq8MBEiQANji2LatD0aWerA03OkDPi6Hyb5binEUVabhkjc_Z3uruQvQaAlzg8P8HAQ&dclid=CPXvuJeVx9ACFaEC0wodrEIKhQ

Just been back to have a better look this morning. It looks like the clutch has gone for the alternator! The input shaft for the clutch is spinning but no drive on the alternator clutch, hence no drive to the power steering pump etc.  Thanks for all your suggestions.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club