Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple question but I can't find the answer!

MattW123

Hi people, I have a Mk 4 2007 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi. I've got a simple question which is: When I turn my Air Con on, should the main radiator fan come on aswell? Mine doesn't.

I had the air con re-gassed as it was all but non-existant, and it was still useless. It was slightly better when I was travelling at motorway speeds, i.e. when there was some air moving in/around the condenser.

When I turn on the air con on my Puma the fan comes on straight away and it's the same with my dads Renault. The fan on my neighbour's 2012 Mondeo TDCi also doesn't come on when the air con is switched on. Maybe they both faulty by chance or maybe the fan shouldn't come on with the air con on this mondo?

Before I go to a garage and potentially get charged who knows what, does anyone know the definitive answer to my radiator fan dilema please?? Thanks very much guys guys!!

Yes the fan should come on, it normally comes on a few SEC's after compressor kicks in.

Not unusual to have wiring corrosion on the fan module switching circuit. The small wire from fan to pcm

OK Brill thanks Ian, at least I know that could be a source of the problem then.

Maybe its just chance that both mine and my neighbours have both got a problem. Will check the wire from fan to pcm

I am assuming that the fan not working would have a significant effect on the ability of the air con - that would that make sense as to why mine was so weak yeh?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club