Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 sat nav problem

Bryan271

Hi all new to this forum...

I have a 16reg Focus ST3 Nav and when I go to enter postcode on sat Nav it will not let me enter the last to letters of the postcode...

Anyone any ideas before I go to local ford garage to see what's wrong.....Thanks in advance....

Hello and welcome Bryan

As far as I am aware sync 2 does not allow you to enter full UK postcodes.  Watch video and note it takes you to general area of post code, Close enough but no plans to update sync 2 to accept full postcode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joss max said:

Hello and welcome Bryan

As far as I am aware sync 2 does not allow you to enter full UK postcodes.  Watch video and note it takes you to general area of post code, Close enough but no plans to update sync 2 to accept full postcode.

This video allows you to enter full postcode but on mine when I go to enter last 2 letters of postcode screen does not light up letters.....Would have thought in a 25k car (Nav edition) you would be allowed to enter full postcode..Will talk to local ford dealer and see if this is right....

You can enter full postcodes but need to enter a space between the two parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F

21 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

You can enter full postcodes but need to enter a space between the two parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Have left space unsure what's wrong....

Called into a ford garage and explained my problem...Was told that's the way they are....Can this be right??

Total balls if having a half sat Nav in my option...

I can enter a full postcode no problems.
Are you sure you're leaving a space?
If not then the system assumes you're applying a 2 number first part ( ie, AB33 1AA) if you do that then the numbers will stay selected until the first part is filled.
Remember that the system will only show letters or numbers that it knows from the SD card database, if it's a new postcode issued after the database was created then it won't recognise/display it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

On 30 November 2016 at 10:46 PM, Stoney871 said:

I can enter a full postcode no problems.
Are you sure you're leaving a space?
If not then the system assumes you're applying a 2 number first part ( ie, AB33 1AA) if you do that then the numbers will stay selected until the first part is filled.
Remember that the system will only show letters or numbers that it knows from the SD card database, if it's a new postcode issued after the database was created then it won't recognise/display it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Tried the above and found out will let me enter a mainland uk postcode in full but not a N.Ireland one(where I live) so pretty much useless......

ie BT93 6GF won't let me enter the G or F....

Will call into local ford dealer in morning to see is there a fix....

I've driven mine in NI (Belfast etc) when visiting the in-laws and had no problems.
Strange.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Mine is ok, it's a bit tricky to use, keep forgetting how it works as I only use it occasionally. There was a problem with the f3 SD card and post codes. If you haven't got this SD, not sure what the problem might be? There are a few You tube videos how to use the sat nav.

• 1 year later...

I find that I can enter the post code leaving the gap with the space button but I cannot always enter the house number, the digital keypad does not allow it, mine is an F5 card, the local dealership has tried this on other Sync 2 models in their stock and all seem to have the same problem, this issue is on going with Ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club