Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Drive Tribe/ The grand tour

AlexBartlam

Who else has joined Drive Tribe. The first day opening of the site unless you had a code and im now following a few of the ford tribes. Not had a good look through he site but will soon, maybe there is a function make your own tribe and get a FOC tribe going. 

also whats everyone thoughts on The grand tour, i personally love it it shows their personalities with the idiotic skits. really not a fan of the american what happened to what i thought ben collins would be the driver.

Facebook's enough of a social network for me, but I guess if you're into Instagram etc that looks pretty cool.

So Far, the Grand Tour has been good.  I always liked Top Gear for the Adventures and Specials anyway, so to have them pretty much just doing that is ace.  I might have a different opinion after I've watched a few more of them/

The Grand Tour so far has been pretty good! its great to have the lads back on TV! - I do feel though that the 'sillyness' will start to drag on at some point, but I've very much enjoyed Ep1 & Ep2.

That yank though, the "stig" replacement really does my nut in. His character tries to hard to put anything not American down - I know its all part of the scripting etc, but honestly the show could do without him, easily.

yeah i hope they have a few shows where they test cars not have one car and a 35 min challenge, id like to see one of them races they use to do on TG where Clarkson was in a car and Hammond and May were in other transport but i bet BBC has copyright that in some way or another.

1 hour ago, AlexBartlam said:

I'd like to see one of them races they use to do on TG where Clarkson was in a car and Hammond and May were in other transport but i bet BBC has copyright that in some way or another.

That would be awesome to see one of those again.  Loved the Aeroship challenge, as well as the various Africa Specials etc.

in ep1 montage of the series i did see an african looking back drop with some 4x4 cars lets hope, fingers crossed. 

I beg to differ in some ways. I think they've been allowed to go too overboard. That second episode with the terrorist op thing was way too cheesy and over the top. I think without the restraints/rules from the BBC they've been given too much free roam. 4.2mil an episode I read somewhere ? Don't get me wrong I'll still be watching every week for my weekly dose of Clarkson but yea, a bit too scripted/forced/cheesy for me.

I thought it was a hilarious send up of 'Edge of Tomorrow'.

The part when Clarkson was stuck in the window was good.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

yh i agree in some respect but i find most things funny, i agree stoney that bit had me giggling even after the show had finished.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kpg said:

I beg to differ in some ways. I think they've been allowed to go too overboard. That second episode with the terrorist op thing was way too cheesy and over the top. I think without the restraints/rules from the BBC they've been given too much free roam. 4.2mil an episode I read somewhere ? Don't get me wrong I'll still be watching every week for my weekly dose of Clarkson but yea, a bit too scripted/forced/cheesy for me.

I guess the main challenge will be topping what's been and gone.  They've done so many funny specials over the years I guess it's hard to come up with totally fresh material. And I read that about the £4.2m per episode.  Massive amount of money, but funny as though.

• Like 1

yh im glad, it looks as if they have had partly or full say in what goes in the episodes as it lets them do more of the stuff bbc doesn't like. iv also seen them not take in any care when saying brands for example instead of saying orangy flavored biscuit cake they can just say jaffa cake haha

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club