Do Not Sell My Personal Information

electric polisher orbital/rotary?

Revatron

Hi guys. I've searched the forum re: electric car polishers and am seeing conflicting info on orbital versus rotary polishers. I've never used either. This is basically to save me a bit of time. I'm trying to get my older 57 plate Fiesta back to looking shiny after a few years of neglect. She isn't filthy as she does get washed but could really do with a damn good polish and wax.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune (ideally under £50 but would consider slightly more if needed). Can anyone with experience point me in the right direction? 

On 28/11/2016 at 10:29 AM, Revatron said:

Hi guys. I've searched the forum re: electric car polishers and am seeing conflicting info on orbital versus rotary polishers. I've never used either. This is basically to save me a bit of time. I'm trying to get my older 57 plate Fiesta back to looking shiny after a few years of neglect. She isn't filthy as she does get washed but could really do with a damn good polish and wax.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune (ideally under £50 but would consider slightly more if needed). Can anyone with experience point me in the right direction? 

DA (dual action) Polisher will sort you out for what you need - Kestral DAS6 (500w) or a DAS6 from: cleanyourcar.com will see you right. I just bought one to experience it on mine. Rotary is for more experienced users as it can burn the paint easily.

• Like 2

Tomson, thanks for the input. I will have a look at the model you suggested.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Clas Ohlson do a DA (random orbital) polisher for not a lot of money if you are near a branch or can get reasonable delivery (I see you are in Orkney so no doubt get hit with extortionate postage).  I think argos have their own version now as well.  They are great for applying polishes, glazes, and even wax and limit the amount of damage.  It IS still possible to burn through paint (I have done it, on a Torneo connect), but so long as you aren't using a really aggressive pad and polish you should be fine.  I have a Das 6 Pro myself.  Make sure you clay the car before you polish - the clay will probably help the paintwork appearance a lot by getting rid of bonded contaminants.

Rotary's are more effective at paint correction but need a certain amount of skill to use.  They do however tend to be cheaper.  Whatever you get watch some videos on how to use your new tool most effectively.  Take your time and allow yourself to take some breaks (its harder work than it looks but beats doing things by hand!)