Do Not Sell My Personal Information

water on the inside of the windscreen

south_bound

Get in the car this morning and there was a huge amount of condensation  not just fogged up but actual drops of water.  I had to wipe this off with a cloth and squeezed out a load of water, after the heated screen and warm air vents did nothing to help.  We had loads of heavy rain last week and maybe some got into the car, but anyone else have this problem with their Focus?  Now I have streaks all over the window where I have wiped it, especially when driving towards the sun which is low in the sky - any suggestions of getting it back to the way it was?

Hi there

possible seal issue poor seal could let water on your car, first off I would get these checked out if look poor get the seal round windscreen redone.

you would expect some slight condensation but not pools of water like you have said,hope this helps

Have you felt the carpet front and back including the boot? That would hopefully narrow the search down a bit.

Have you had new glass fitted anywhere recently? I had this problem on a Mondeo after having the windscreen replaced by an idiot

I had a new windscreen fitted last summer but it is the first time this has happened since. I also fiddled with the drivers door recently to sort out the handle not working so maybe this has resulted in water getting into it, but I thought there are some drainage holes to let out any water which does find its way in there?  The carpets feel dry enough.  Next sunny and windy day, I will have to open up all the doors and see if things will dry out.

As mentioned above check carpets but also the spare wheel well, i had a small pond in mine due to leaking rear quarter vents.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club