Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front end facelift

Dave1981

So I've decided to give my mk2.5 Titanium a face-lift as I don't like the chrome effect trim on it or the rear end. 

Ordered a Zetec S lower front grill and the upper grill to complement it. The lower shud arrive tomorrow. I've got the guide from here on how to fit them and I'm just wondering. With regards to the lower grill how hard is it to pull out off the bumper and is it an easier job if the bumper is act removed before hand ?

Should just pull away with car take a look at Lenny's guide. I swapped mine for s honeycomb grill 

That's the one I've gone for.. got that guide and just wondered bout the bumper etc..

Hello 

I left the bumper on the car you will find the grill just clips in if you like I will send you a photo of the old grill and the clips. I will send it in the morning if you like?

0Mine is slightly different from yours in looks. But it arrived today so can see how it fits.. can I ask tho on urs, the upper grill you have a black strip above It instead of chrome. How did u do that was it just removed and sprayed?

The bonnet lip is available from ford it's primed ready for top coat. I can let you know the part number in the morning  when removing the old chrome lip take care as it's easy to crease it as you may try and vinyl rap the old one 

Cheers yeah if u cud.. I can get one n spray it up in the right colour for my car. Panther black

The only bit of advice I can give is get it sprayed at a body shop where they can bake the lacquer on in their oven. I sprayed mine myself and it has lost its shine and it's also suffered from stone chips. I have got another one to spray up black and get a professional job done. 

Took a few photos of the packaging I'll look for the invoice at work

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

seems to be a common theme around here.....:biggrin:

just arrived today, new & matt black fog light surrounds, pr of chrome bezels already sprayed and waiting :rolleyes:

20161030_074908.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a set of gloss black fog surrounds but never fitted them as I decided to keep my day running lights must get round to selling them one day

1 hour ago, TangoDaz said:

I bought a set of gloss black fog surrounds but never fitted them as I decided to keep my day running lights must get round to selling them one day

I bought a set of them but promptly returned them,,,,,,,poorly made & couldn't get em to fit no matter what.....got a nice set from underground parts (am I allowed to say that ???)

supplied matt black , really good might just fit em str8 on & not worry about painting

• Like 1

Cheers for pics.. like look of yours Flogger. Fitted my lower grill today and got the matching upper grill on its way today so when it arrives I'll fit it and get some pics online. In two minds bout the upper chrome bonnet lip gonna see how it looks with everything fitted.. but thinking if I change it I'll have to do the fog surrounds as well or It'll look daft.. 

• Like 1

Got all 3 from that same underground parts but as I said never fitted the fog surrounds but they did look good quality 

The bonnet lip is held in place by both clips and very sticky tape so heat is needed by carful use of a heat gun or may be a hair dryer I did crease my chrome lip when removing it. 

As Darren said Dav, get it baked on professionally, I've sprayed mine but it keeps getting stone chips on it, thought I'd done a good job on it at the time, LOL Here's mine 😁

20160910_150800.jpg

11 hours ago, .Martin said:

Wilto that looks beautiful 

Cheers Martin, it's my pride and joy mate 😀

Couple more shots of it mate, hope you like them.

20160910_150604.jpg

20160910_150627.jpg

20160910_150548.jpg

As Darren said Dav, get it baked on professionally, I've sprayed mine but it keeps getting stone chips on it, thought I'd done a good job on it at the time, LOL Here's mine [emoji16]
20160910_150800.jpg

Same same c0876dbe000c2b512ba3f59715b9eba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FourD said:

Same same c0876dbe000c2b512ba3f59715b9eba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good there FourD, I wish I could get the bug eyes fog light effect on my bumper, pity Ford didn't do this ( apart from the RS ) on all mk2's

Wilto if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost to have you bonnet lip,door mirror caps and rear spoiler painted. I have had a quote of £230 

Thanks Dar, Done the mirrors and front end myself, including fog light surrounds myself with spray cans, rear spoiler was already gloss black when I bought it.