Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INSURANCE TELEMATICS BLACK BOX POSSIBLE LOCATIONS FOR DIY REMOVAL

crompy70

hi all...for the past 2yrs i have had the black box car insurance...but luckily today i recieved a letter from insurance comp telling me that due to my excellent driving record the telematics box scheme has been withdrawn and my insurers are keen to maintain my custom and are offering insurance renewal quotes on the basis that i dont need the telematics device anymore..(bonus) so they knocked off about 20% off my last years quote which saved me about £400 annually with a 2yrs ncb..

but they want £120 to come and remove box or they can just deactivate it for free..but ive heard diffrent thing were they keep it on and sell my data to third parties and such..but i just want it out of the car now i dont need it in there anymore.

and was wondering if anybody might know were the box is located in my car (2004 sedan) focus..because the day it was fitted in car i wasnt around and my mrs gave the box fitter the key....im certainly not payin 120 when i could possibly do it myself...

cheers

Most likely place is near the fuse box in the footwell, as they generally take power from the fusebox. I have seen many fitted to vans and trucks over the years and they are always somewhere near the fuse box.

Easy enough to remove, although be careful as they usually own the box and will likely want it back or charge you for it. so arrange to send it back to them recorded delivery once you have removed it, better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simcor said:

Most likely place is near the fuse box in the footwell, as they generally take power from the fusebox. I have seen many fitted to vans and trucks over the years and they are always somewhere near the fuse box.

Easy enough to remove, although be careful as they usually own the box and will likely want it back or charge you for it. so arrange to send it back to them recorded delivery once you have removed it, better to be safe than sorry.

cheers buddy..gonna have a look under tommorow to find it but cant remove till 14th dec thats my renewal date..and yes they do own the box..also totally moving to new insurer as just found an even beter deal on other site for insurance and certainly dont need my previous insurer collecting data on me or charge me 120 quid not to...

thanks again

I fitted my daughter s to the car battery on the top it's only small as per insurers instructions 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club