Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Ford Fiesta

JoeZS19

Great looking car (IMO) however it would have been nice to see the edition of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

8 minutes ago, JoeZS19 said:

Ive had a 2015 and currently got a 2016 st and they are both stiff! Once you're up to speed they handle great, but I do find around town and with passengers the ride to be a bit firm. You feel almost all the holes and bumps in the road.

The power and recaros do help against the cons

So it's not a "night and day" difference then 

That ST 200 is a lovely colour but £20k plus is a massive price and no wonder you can pick one up quite easy even though they'll made 400 

Love the halo-ish style DRLs.

tmp_23982-IMG_20161129_222915338074372.jpg

Hopefully they are standard these days as I really wish I had them on my ZS rather than the boring DRL's before they decided to make the LED's standard 

They are not the best looking DRL's around though on that picture and don't fully shape the lights (some might like that)

I think Seat on their Leon and Audi do nice DRL's which I can't help but admire and take a second glance in my rear view when I see one and always know the identity of the car from along way back 

The Leon and Audi drl's do look nice I know what you mean. I hope the new drl's are slightly whiter like the Leon and Audi, even the new Corsa as the current ones have an ever so slight yellow tint to them. Plus then it will be easier to match them to uograded bulbs ;)

Love the halo-ish style DRLs.

tmp_23982-IMG_20161129_222915338074372.jpg

Hopefully they are standard these days as I really wish I had them on my ZS rather than the boring DRL's before they decided to make the LED's standard 

They are not the best looking DRL's around though on that picture and don't fully shape the lights (some might like that)

I think Seat on their Leon and Audi do nice DRL's which I can't help but admire and take a second glance in my rear view when I see one and always know the identity of the car from along way back 

The Leon and Audi drl's do look nice I know what you mean. I hope the new drl's are slightly whiter like the Leon and Audi, even the new Corsa as the current ones have an ever so slight yellow tint to them. Plus then it will be easier to match them to uograded bulbs ;)

9 minutes ago, Brydo666 said:

Great looking car (IMO) however it would have been nice to see the edition of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

It's got both with Sync 3.

• Like 1

Ive had a 2015 and currently got a 2016 st and they are both stiff! Once you're up to speed they handle great, but I do find around town and with passengers the ride to be a bit firm. You feel almost all the holes and bumps in the road.

The power and recaros do help against the cons

So it's not a "night and day" difference then 

That ST 200 is a lovely colour but £20k plus is a massive price and no wonder you can pick one up quite easy even though they'll made 400 

Personally I don't think there is much of a difference if any, if no one told you you probably wouldn't even realise

I'm hoping the ride will be even better on the ST than the outgoing model.

Looking at the spyshots the base car has a slightly wider track which should reduce body roll and therefore means you can make the suspension a bit more supple.

I just read an article on car buyer and they did mention the st so looks like it is happening, just when.

I was hoping the new fiesta would be out for the new reg in March but it looks like it may be more June time

Yeah there are loads of spyshots of at least two different ST mules. One of which is called Jean, lol.

4 minutes ago, JoeZS19 said:

I just read an article on car buyer and they did mention the st so looks like it is happening, just when.

I was hoping the new fiesta would be out for the new reg in March but it looks like it may be more June time

Yeah it's happening as there are spy shots with a 5 door wearing what looks like OZ superleggera style anthracite alloys 

45 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They already improved it from late 2015.

I'm planning to give a 2016 model I try.

It's one reason I bought the Focus instead, that and I wanted 5 doors.

Don't they do the ST in 5 door now ? 

4 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

Don't they do the ST in 5 door now ? 

They do yeah, but not when I ordered my Focus though, plus interior is a bit lacking in current Fiesta compared to focus.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

They do yeah, but not when I ordered my Focus though, plus interior is a bit lacking in current Fiesta compared to focus.

I'm not a fan of sporty 5 door cars, but saying that the current ST Focus does go some way too looking quite sleek 

The look of 3 or 5 door has never bothered me, I just prefer having the shorter frontdoors and better rear access with 5 doors.

That and on the current Fiesta the 3dr door cards are a bit flimsy due to their length. Feels more solid on the 5dr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

The look of 3 or 5 door has never bothered me, I just prefer having the shorter frontdoors and better rear access with 5 doors.

That and on the current Fiesta the 3dr door cards are a bit flimsy due to their length. Feels more solid on the 5dr.

Have to agree with Alex, I always find 5 doors suits me better and personally I think alot of cars look better with 5 doors although it's not to everybody's taste. Let's not forget the issue either about reaching the seat belt in the 3 door.

Also if your short (like me) you need the extra doors so you can stand on the sill to clean the roof otherwise there's a big dirty patch in the middle of it. But I guess that's an evolution problem.

I tend to prefer the more enclosed feel of the 3 door. But a 5 door with privacy glass I could be persuaded.

Have to stand on the door sills to reach the roof! How small are you aha

6 hours ago, Pullock said:

Have to agree with Alex, I always find 5 doors suits me better and personally I think alot of cars look better with 5 doors although it's not to everybody's taste. Let's not forget the issue either about reaching the seat belt in the 3 door.

Also if your short (like me) you need the extra doors so you can stand on the sill to clean the roof otherwise there's a big dirty patch in the middle of it. But I guess that's an evolution problem.

Haha I cant say I have ever had the seat belt issue in my 3 door, lol 

Maybe if I ever test drive the new mk8 I'll have to make a point of checking that and can use it as my get out clause with the dealer when it comes to walking away from the deal haha 

Been sniffing for news of the ST and came across this rumour:

2018 Ford Fiesta ST Expected To Feature Electronically Adjustable Suspension

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-ford-fiesta-st-expected-to-feature-electronically-adjustable-suspension-113315.html

Focus RS style adjustable dampers, yes please :D

• Like 1

Electric suspension on a Fiesta build budget though...can't see it lasting the warranty period myself! :laugh: 

The system on the RS is quite simple afaik, just an electrically controlled valve in the damper to adjust the flow.

7 hours ago, JoeZS19 said:

I tend to prefer the more enclosed feel of the 3 door. But a 5 door with privacy glass I could be persuaded.

Have to stand on the door sills to reach the roof! How small are you aha

I said the middle of it, not all of it lol. But due to me being such an awkward person medical wise my bone growth is 4 years behind my age so I still have 2 more years to grow yet :laugh:

Loads of pics and info up on the press site now:

http://fiesta.fordpresskits.com/

Massive good quality pics too.

Love the red accents on the ST-Line interior, they better have that option on the ST.

Definitely want one now :)

• Like 1

I read today somewhere that the ST is likely to follow late 2017 

Sounds about right to me.

I think the current focus ST was 6 months behind the main car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club