Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Ford Fiesta

JoeZS19

Is anybody eyeing up the ST-Line for its release in the summer ? 

Only just came across it, but loving the Carwow Fiesta ST photoshop:

ford-fiesta-st-lead_4.jpg

• Like 1

Quite like that photoshop, although, I feel like it's missing something. Needs to be more aggressive on the front but not sure where!i

They haven't changed the grille from the ST-line one, the sides normally extend a bit more to a single point on the STs.

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Only just came across it, but loving the Carwow Fiesta ST photoshop:

ford-fiesta-st-lead_4.jpg

Not bad that

5 hours ago, Tom-B64 said:

Quite like that photoshop, although, I feel like it's missing something. Needs to be more aggressive on the front but not sure where!i

I'd say the bonnet as it's flat compared to the power bulge the current Fiesta has 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone came across this. Sorry if they have.

I really am not sold on it.  To my eye, the front looks like a 2006 FIAT Grande Punto and the rear really isn't pleasant.

• Like 1

Wider and taller... They tell us it's safer in a crash. Yawn.

A significant reason for buying our current Fiesta is that it is low and narrow by current fashions. The knock on effect of raising the bonnet line is that the steering wheel inevitably goes up with it (and the front seat passenger gets an even more restricted view). I dislike having the wheel such that hands are effectively at shoulder height. I set the seat height so my eyeline is mid-screen and in any car I always set the wheel as low and as far forward as it allows. Often it is not low enough and I have got used to not seeing the top of the instruments. Set like this, even the current Fiesta has enough room to put the instruments between wheel and windscreen, Peugeot style. The higher bonnet in the new model would have made such a change easy to implement for a wider range of tastes.

So it looks like that is where I will be heading when my Fiesta needs replacing. Plus the 208 has a more powerful engine with the auto box - which is a proper Japanese TC rather than a fragile German DC (why the 100hp limit?). At the moment it doesn't matter if the Fiesta is less desirable because a £1000 price advantage keeps it interesting. I wonder if that will stick with the new model.

The 2017 (2018 MY) Fiesta is still using the same chassis so shouldn't be significantly different in driving position to the current one. If anything I find the current Fiesta too upright and I'm hoping with them using focus based seat frames on the new one, it'll actually have a lower driving position.

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The 2017 (2018 MY) Fiesta is still using the same chassis so shouldn't be significantly different in driving position to the current one. If anything I find the current Fiesta too upright and I'm hoping with them using focus based seat frames on the new one, it'll actually have a lower driving position.

I'd agree with that 

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

If anything I find the current Fiesta too upright...

One benefit of an auto is that the seat can go back a couple of inches which gives a more relaxed position, while my wife is not obliged to cuddle the steering wheel. 

I just tried an experiment with setting the seat as though there was a clutch and tried various permutations of seat and steering wheel height such that the instruments are clear. I can improve things with a higher wheel, sort of, if I bring the wheel towards me so my elbows are lower. It's not as good as the settings I naturally choose and, fundamentally, I want a wheel that puts my hands lower relative to my shoulders. A higher bonnet and a higher wheel that inevitably follows is definitely undesirable.

So will the new fiesta be in for march this year say the end,i only ask as the person who handed my car in who get a new one every 2 or so years

is handing in his and i had a call from ford last week ''The person who had your car is handing in his Titanium x with extras in 2nd week of march''

So im first to see if i want it as he lookes after them amazing.

9 hours ago, iantt said:

im told may/june

Yeah I understood it, it was around June/July ish 

It can't be that long until the car configurator is online to play about with 

I have just seen that, Pumaspeed shared it and it looks like the ST reveal is coming on 24/02 

Looks like it will have a twin exhaust and the same alloys the ST test maul has been shown with 

IMG_1606.PNG

14 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

Yeah I understood it, it was around June/July ish 

It can't be that long until the car configurator is online to play about with 

Strange,so this chap is having a brand new one in march when he could wait a few months for the new shape.

He hands his car in every 2 and half years and has a new one with all the toys and top spec,must ask about this.

Is anybody eyeing up the ST-Line for its release in the summer ? 

I'll be able to swap my current st line on privilege in September, aslong as I like it in person I'll be placing an order on one I reckon

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Strange,so this chap is having a brand new one in march when he could wait a few months for the new shape.

He hands his car in every 2 and half years and has a new one with all the toys and top spec,must ask about this.

In a nut Shell yes 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

still plenty of the current fiestas awating a new owner .

I'm sure you could push them for a great deal on the current Fiesta 

How much realistically do you think you could bag a 17 plate ST-2 for with just the style pack in Black or Spirit Blue ? 

I think he list price is around £19.5k but Ford give generous discounts 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club