Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Ford Fiesta

JoeZS19

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

They mentioned that ST-Line now has rear discs all round.

They also mentioned 6 speed gearbox now.

So 140PS plus 6 speed gearbox and all round discs is eating in to what makes the Fiesta ST special.

Can't wait to see what they do to make it even more special.....

200bhp plus, ST specific colours, unique body kit and no doubt a near £20k price tag 

First half of 2017 I read.

So I'm hoping the ST will be by the end of 2017.

No doubt it will be a step up in overall quality etc but I'm underwhelmed by it at the moment and the current Fiesta (more so the ST) is a nicer looking car I.M.O 

Hopefully the mk8 ST will go some way to changing my mind (fingers crossed) 

I'm liking the st line and I think that looks pretty sporty, so I reckon they could make the ST a beast!

I held back chopping in my ZS back in April knowing the MK8 was on the horizon but I'm not biting yet until the ST is a stonker or the ST-Line looks better in a different colour 

My other option is to get a good deal on the outgoing ST as it might become the older shape but it's still a fantastic all rounder and nothing can currently touch it 

Ive got an st at the moment but if I like the st line in the flesh and the price is right on privilege I'll make the change. Then see about another st in the future maybe.

Might be some good deals going on current stock so you might be in luck mate

3 minutes ago, JoeZS19 said:

Ive got an st at the moment but if I like the st line in the flesh and the price is right on privilege I'll make the change. Then see about another st in the future maybe.

Might be some good deals going on current stock so you might be in luck mate

Might be abit early to get a good deal on the ST as I'm guessing they will stil continue to sell it along side the new mk8 until they announce the new ST

I have read in afew different articles it could be 2018 they launch the ST as I doubt the Fiesta which has been revealed tonight will be on sale for another 4-6 months 

They won't produce the Mk7 ST alongside the new Mk8, production line won't allow it.

So production of ST's will stop if they don't announce it before production.

It will be existing stock then people queuing for the next one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

They won't produce the Mk7 ST alongside the new Mk8, production line won't allow it.

So production of ST's will stop if they don't announce it before production.

It will be existing stock then people queuing for the next one.

Fair enough, I had better get onto it then, lol 

Think I'll let the queue die down for the new st like I did this time. Then will be less of a wait as I hate waiting haha

1 minute ago, JoeZS19 said:

Think I'll let the queue die down for the new st like I did this time. Then will be less of a wait as I hate waiting haha

So do I, but while I have an ST I'll be happy to wait.

I'll be on to my local dealers to let me know when order books open once it is announced :)

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

So do I, but while I have an ST I'll be happy to wait.

I'll be on to my local dealers to let me know when order books open once it is announced :)

Regardless of how it looks if they mess it up ?

8 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

Regardless of how it looks if they mess it up ?

I won't order it if it looks pants, but it's the same chassis so handling should be as good.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I won't order it if it looks pants, but it's the same chassis so handling should be as good.

The one thing which has always bothered me about the current ST is the harsh ride people say it has, so if they can improve on that this time around (I'm sure they know about the harsh ride being the main criticism of the current ST as it's reported about enough in the press), then I think they will have a winner on their hands if they don't Ruin the styling 

They already improved it from late 2015.

I'm planning to give a 2016 model I try.

It's one reason I bought the Focus instead, that and I wanted 5 doors.

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They already improved it from late 2015.

I'm planning to give a 2016 model I try.

It's one reason I bought the Focus instead, that and I wanted 5 doors.

Ok, I didn't know that

What did they do to improve it ? 

I believe with the pre late 2015 ST's by adding Mountune springs that helps but not everyone likes the lower stance or would even know they exist until they are car nuts like us on the forums lol 

Just now, alexp999 said:

Stiffened the anti roll bars then softened the dampers iirc.

I believe you but do you know of any articles so I can have a little bedtime reading haha

"Underneath, the rear twist beam is stiffer and at the front there’s a bigger anti-roll bar. This means the platform is more solid and that means Ford has been able to soften the springs and dampers. Which means you get all the composure you need, and a decent ride.

The only trouble is that the tweaks have been so successful, Ford has applied them to the standard ST as well."

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2016-ford-fiesta-st200/

Ive had a 2015 and currently got a 2016 st and they are both stiff! Once you're up to speed they handle great, but I do find around town and with passengers the ride to be a bit firm. You feel almost all the holes and bumps in the road.

The power and recaros do help against the cons

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

"Underneath, the rear twist beam is stiffer and at the front there’s a bigger anti-roll bar. This means the platform is more solid and that means Ford has been able to soften the springs and dampers. Which means you get all the composure you need, and a decent ride.

The only trouble is that the tweaks have been so successful, Ford has applied them to the standard ST as well."

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2016-ford-fiesta-st200/

Top man, cheers 

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Love the halo-ish style DRLs.

tmp_23982-IMG_20161129_222915338074372.jpg

Hopefully they are standard these days as I really wish I had them on my ZS rather than the boring DRL's before they decided to make the LED's standard 

They are not the best looking DRL's around though on that picture and don't fully shape the lights (some might like that)

I think Seat on their Leon and Audi do nice DRL's which I can't help but admire and take a second glance in my rear view when I see one and always know the identity of the car from along way back