Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injectors

Baloo

I recently replaced my injectors for remanufactured ones on my 58 reg galaxy 1.8 tdci because the old ones had given up. I still have the loud pinking type noise that I had with the old ones which seems to get worse as the engine gets warmer and it has a flat spot on pull away intermittently. Anybody give me any advice 

did you correctly recode the injectors?

On 01/12/2016 at 7:04 AM, Baloo said:

I recently replaced my injectors for remanufactured ones on my 58 reg galaxy 1.8 tdci because the old ones had given up. I still have the loud pinking type noise that I had with the old ones which seems to get worse as the engine gets warme

I hate to risk disagreeing with James (jeebowhite), but if the 1.8tdci on the Galaxy uses the same Siemens fuel system as on the Focus, then according to the Forscan site, the Siemens injectors do not need recoding. It just says that if all 4 injectors are replaced, then the "learnt values" should be reset. This can be done using Forscan, or possibly by disconnecting the battery for a while, or it will probably just re-learn anyway given time.

See:

(Forscan have added the facility in the latest issues, 2.1.18 for Focus & 2.1.19 for Galaxy.)

The 1.8 does tend to have a fairly pronounced combustion "tick". I regard this as a sign that the fuel is burning quickly near TDC, and hence able to deliver maximum ooomph to the pistons & then to the wheels, through the full piston travel. One of the reasons why the diesel cycle is more efficient than petrol. Though I would not call it loud on mine, if it drowns out the radio & other noises, then there could be something else wrong.

The flat spot on pull-away could be the EGR valve. Mine had a tendency to do that. I blanked the valve off, and it cured it. I have since serviced & repaired the valve actuator, and it is back on again. Pull-away is not quite as confident as with it blanked, but acceptable. And the exhaust does not has that NOx pong.