Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starter motor fiesta remove engine???

Baz1985

Hi

anyone have any idea how to get to the starter motor on a 2004 1.4 tdci fiesta van. Everyone says it is under the battery tray but seems as though mine is on the opposite side of the car right at the back of the engine. Not sure how anyone could get at it?

Yep as with most of the fiesta, focus range gotta pull of all the battery tray air filter gubbins to get at the starter it's a pain but I'm afraid it's the only way.

paul

battery tray off enables you to access the 2 top starter bolts, then you need to get at the 3rd bolt from underneath vehicle, and whilst under vehicle remove the connections . then starter can be removed. 

take a garage on a ramp an hour max.

• Like 1

in know the photo shows engine out , but thats the only photo i had handy from when i had to replace an engine. but it shows where to find the bolts 

2015-10-05 15.56.47.jpg

2015-10-05 15.56.56.jpg

2015-10-05 15.57.11.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I laughed when reading this thread, but now that I've attempted to replace my 2006 1.6 tdci starter motor I understand as its rather inaccessible... Haven't done much on this car since owning it but can't believe how unnecessarily difficult repairs are...! I've worked on my own Subaru STI's for years and appreciate them more every single time I take a tool to this Fiesta!

I found the first two bolts easiest to access from underneath the vehicle and got them off without an issue, but am unsure of the third at the top.. The first two were a 10mm socket / spanner but the third which is very difficult to access is a 13mm..? Is this the correct bolt..? Got a bit late so put the car back together for work tomorrow, fingers crossed it starts..

First two bolts - excuse the pink, car had a coolant leak when I bought it which I've sorted.

1.jpg.466601d8d83f4512914c9ba93a59e769.jpg

Third bolt I believe to be this one..? First photo isn't that clear so second is a closer image of the same bolt.

2.jpg.7287baa9889b05dacb98a1158bf9cb97.jpg

3.jpg.c01295bbd20dd056f5f90a09ce9bbe62.jpg

Would really appreciate someone's help so I can get it sorted before it gets too cold..

Thank you