Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catch

Seatbelt Wight and Chime problem

3 posts in this topic

Not exactly sure when the seatbelt light on the dash stopped working but it has. Nor do I get the warning chimes if I or any passengers are not belted up when the engine is running.

It was working when I bought the car back in October

checked fuses?

Looked in the user manual, and cannot see any fuse being marked as, or dedicated to the seat belt warning light. And even if it shared a switch, nothing else is not working so to speak.

and system settings?

Been in system settings, but it's only basic, allowing you to select language, reset trip meter, set measurements metric or imperial, and chimes on or off. Chimes working OK just not on the seat belts, but I'd have thought it was fuse related.

Edit:

I did the diagnostics check via the reset button: and the Seat Belt light does illuminate when conducting the test.

So I know the bulb works and I know chime works, so why ain't it working ?