Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR

bigal83

A bit of a dumb question but does the 1.6 petrol have an egr?

petrols are throttle bodies, egr is for turbo based cars to recirculate the gasses for the turbo. 

• Like 1

On 02/12/2016 at 8:33 AM, bigal83 said:

A bit of a dumb question but does the 1.6 petrol have an egr?

Not a dumb question. Lots of petrol cars have EGRs. The 1.8/2L petrol engine usually has one. As far as I can see, the 1.6 Sigma does not have one. The Ti-VCT 1.6 does not need one, because it can adjust the valve timing to create enough overlap to provide EGR (both valves open).

The EGR valve reduces the oxygen concentration in the mixture, to reduce peak combustion temperature and so to reduce NOx emissions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Not a dumb question. Lots of petrol cars have EGRs. The 1.8/2L petrol engine usually has one. As far as I can see, the 1.6 Sigma does not have one. The Ti-VCT 1.6 does not need one, because it can adjust the valve timing to create enough overlap to provide EGR (both valves open).

The EGR valve reduces the oxygen concentration in the mixture, to reduce peak combustion temperature and so to reduce NOx emissions.

and it gets full of crap and start making car run like a bag a poo hense why best to have it deleted off the ecu, based on my experience its well worth it and makes car totally different in a big big way

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

• Like 1