Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iffy MOT

Son of Nod

Ok. Our 56 plate focus had it mot last Friday. It failed..

Bushes both sides front

Blue

Wipers

Cost 240.

Paid it and drove car home Monday only to be greeted by whistling sound. 

Phoned garage up and they said they'll collect and look.

Today the car finally picked up only to find that the brake pads and discs need changing.

Hold on....they passed MOT and failed straight away and will set back 140....

I am thinking that during the changing of bushes something happened causing damage to discs and pads.

I am fuming.

Any advise.

35 minutes ago, Son of Nod said:

Hold on....they passed MOT and failed straight away and will set back 140....

If the pads and discs passed on the day of the test, then a day or too later they say they need changing. Then something is wrong. You would at least expect the garage to give you an advisory on your MOT cert that although they passed, they are close to needing renewal.

Second opinion would be wise

• Like 1

Update. 

So car went in for pads and discs.

I called garage and questioned him.

Said don't take wheels off for mot and if passed pressure test then ok. So I asked how he knew it was the pads and discs? He sailed that's what's causing the noise.

So.... When collecting car I was told discs ok but changed pads. The brake discs where now ok and didn't need changing. Drove car home only to hear metal scrapping noise. Returned car to garage. Mystery...

Bloke looked and said it was his fault as bent something back to change bushes...

Hmmmm..... Conning little so and so. 

noise would have been the metal shield around the bottom ball touching the disc, idiot obviously bent it fitting lower arm. you have been conned if the pads didnt need changing.

• Like 2

i'd avoid this garage in future , nothing they have done so far fills me with confidence that should continue working on your car.........

and i would have asked to see the old pads , easy way to catch them out if theyre full of sh#t and  solid reason to refuse paying....

• Like 1

No way of knowing if right brake pads I think. 

He can whistle now.

My car failed it's mot this year on discs and pads, when inspect by my mate ( mechanic) they were totally f***ed, nearly down to the metal on inboard side, mot tester even showed me from under the car, so yes they can see them without taking the wheel off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club