Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to change rear wheel bearing

vinpetrol

Hi All

does anyone know how to change the rear wheel bearings on a 2010 fiesta with drum brakes? 

Do you have to have them pressed of the stub axle or do you replace the stub axle and bearing in one piece? 

Is there a work through anywhere on the forum ? I did look but couldn't find one.

Any help much appreciated

cheers

vin

They are just held in with 4 bolts so no need to press anything. I haven't done a Fiesta one yet but usually they are torx head bolts on Fords. 

27 minutes ago, stef123 said:

They are just held in with 4 bolts so no need to press anything. I haven't done a Fiesta one yet but usually they are torx head bolts on Fords. 

That's handy 

what's is the process ?

remove wheel then drum then just undo stub from rear ? 

Cheers Vin

I think the fiesta ones are bolt one from the front. Take the drum off and you will see the hub, in the hub you will see there is a large hole drilled in it to allow access with a socket. 

drum off, shoes off, unplug abs sensor wiring, remove 4 bolts holding hub on. heres the daft bit when refitting, new bolts, then tighten to 65nm, then slacken off 90 degrees retighten 65nm. do that 5 times!!! yeah right.

• Like 1

What did you say Ian? Run the bolts in and tighten them to FT with a ratchet handle? Lol

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I like torquing things...but what is the point of doing it like that!? :laugh:

To stretch the bolts to allow them to be torqued 'correctly'. There will be some deformation in the bolt by tightening it.

some critical applications also use a similar procedure, where you tighten the bolt and weight X amount of minutes before loosening and retightening.

a couple of dugga duggas on my impact gun will do though :lol: the only thing I torque is engine bolts and hub nuts. 

• Like 1

i think my new job wont involve a torque wrench much, refurbing transits, dugga dugga all day long.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

i think my new job wont involve a torque wrench much, refurbing transits, dugga dugga all day long.

Another new job? :ohmy: Can't beat the dugga dugga :lol: 

yep, got bored with vauxhalls. 8 weeks is enough for anyone.

• Like 1

wow I didn't see that one coming lol. Back to 65mm hub nut sockets on the big dugga dugga then? lol 

Thanks guys much appreciated . Do the kits usually come with new bolts or are they order seoerately ? Is it worth trying main dealer for price? 

Vin

By the way 

good luck Ian with the transistors! 

Vin

2 hours ago, vinpetrol said:

Thanks guys much appreciated . Do the kits usually come with new bolts or are they order seoerately ? Is it worth trying main dealer for price? 

Vin

New one will come with the bolts