Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More delays

Silent Shark

Ford now estimate my car will be made 'January 2010'. Still no reason given.

Assuming that they restart production on Monday the 4th, and my car is made on that day, and gets shipped to the dealer in around 2 weeks, that makes the 18th Jan the earliest I can hope to get my car. Since ordering that's a wait of 148 days, or 4 months and 26 days.

I think my dealer is amazed at how calm I've been. What he doesn't know is I've been investigating all my options for cancelling my contract with them, and getting a different car altogether. I have a clause I can activate saying 'give me my car in 7 days or give me my money back', so I have options now, but I can't really find an alternative car I'm happy with.

I'm not sure how I feel about this most recent delay. Not so much angry, just very very disappointed. It definitely makes it worth considering something else. I'm currently browsing used Fiestas, trying to find one with a spec like what I wanted. I have found a 1 year old car with 5500 miles which hasn't got ESP or the interior pack, but does have the X pack. The rest is the same. It's £2k less than what I'm paying for a new one. Does anyone know if ESP can be fitted afterwards?

dont know about the ESP query but ive been to ford and they are in HUGE demand for the new fiesta atm so its no surprise that peoples orders are being delayed. they couldnt even tell me when a 'showroom' model of the zetec S will be available for test drive and viewing :( which one isit your after? he told me the titanium 3dr and zetec S models are hard to get hold of atm

What terrible bad luck :( I would be serisouly looking elsewhere if that had happened to me!!

I seem to remember that you ordered yours either a day before or a day after mine and we've had ours for just over a month now... that is not on really is it!! Your car has more kit on it aswell!

I do hope you get your car at some point in the relatively close future :)

Ford now estimate my car will be made 'January 2010'. Still no reason given.

Assuming that they restart production on Monday the 4th, and my car is made on that day, and gets shipped to the dealer in around 2 weeks, that makes the 18th Jan the earliest I can hope to get my car. Since ordering that's a wait of 148 days, or 4 months and 26 days.

I think my dealer is amazed at how calm I've been. What he doesn't know is I've been investigating all my options for cancelling my contract with them, and getting a different car altogether. I have a clause I can activate saying 'give me my car in 7 days or give me my money back', so I have options now, but I can't really find an alternative car I'm happy with.

I'm not sure how I feel about this most recent delay. Not so much angry, just very very disappointed. It definitely makes it worth considering something else. I'm currently browsing used Fiestas, trying to find one with a spec like what I wanted. I have found a 1 year old car with 5500 miles which hasn't got ESP or the interior pack, but does have the X pack. The rest is the same. It's £2k less than what I'm paying for a new one. Does anyone know if ESP can be fitted afterwards?

Keep your chin up SS. I had a phone call only yesterday saying my build date is December 18th for delivery w/e January 9th. I checked my original paperwork and yep - I was indeed correct - I did place a firm order for mine on JUNE 30TH !!!! That's a wait of well in excess of 5 months - and I have no doubt whatsoever that I currently hold the UK record for the longest wait for the new Fiesta - never to be beaten!

:o

Keep your chin up SS. I had a phone call only yesterday saying my build date is December 18th for delivery w/e January 9th. I checked my original paperwork and yep - I was indeed correct - I did place a firm order for mine on JUNE 30TH !!!! That's a wait of well in excess of 5 months - and I have no doubt whatsoever that I currently hold the UK record for the longest wait for the new Fiesta - never to be beaten!

Never say never Mr. Owl! I fully expect Ford to drag their feet as much as possible with this. The most optimistic estimate I can make is only 1 week short of 5 months...

As for Wongy, it probably entirely depends on what spec you want. Things like the Tech Pack and Interior Packs are far from standard stuff, so I guess that is what leads to long wait times. If you don't get anything fancy, you'll probably get it fairly sharpish.

Gota admit, the ESP is a rather basic system on the festa, and I dont like it, hence didnt go for it.

All it does is use the abs to see when a wheel loses grip and cuts power to the engine for minute seconds, not a true ESP system realy, nt a fan.

You could always ask to see what cars they have close to your spec in other dealerships?

Piggy :)

guys do you think if i ordered mine early next year il have to wait that long? :(

Doubt it Wongy. The new Fiesta has been out for over a year now & initial orders for it were HUGE! I read somewhere infact that even Ford were amazed at the amount of orders for it - let alone all the cars needed for showroom examples, demonstrators, etc. Not only that; the 2 plants that built it (Germany & Spain) were initially the only ones supplying the whole of Europe as well as Australia and NZ. In the past few months however - Ford started making them at plants in the Far East (including now cars for the Aus/NZ market) - so although demand is still very high in Europe for the new Fiesta - a year on & waiting times are coming down a little. It really does depend on which bits n bobs you want on your car tbh. If you want a standard spec car of any Fiesta trim - you only have to wait a matter of weeks. If you specify lots of goodies however - the wait seems to be 2 or 3 months or thereabouts.

By the way; we in the UK wait the longest for new Fiesta's. If you're a buyer in say Germany or France or Holland for example - then Ford can transport cars from one European country to another without any problem because they're all left-hand drive. In the UK of course - we drive on the correct side of the road - so we require right-hand drive cars. There is nowhere in Europe that we can 'raid' cars from. All our cars have to be built in batches of RHD cars - hence the sizeable wait.

I have no doubt whatsoever that I currently hold the UK record for the longest wait for the new Fiesta - never to be beaten!

It's going to be a close run thing for the "UK orders in 2009" prize - I waited 158 days :D

Well, as you know Nightowl, I ordered mine a month before you (30 May) and took delivery of mine on the 5 September - not meaning to rub it in but there does not seem to be any reason as to why some people wait what must seem like a lifetime and others, like me, 'only' have to wait 12-14 weeks!

It's going to be a close run thing for the "UK orders in 2009" prize - I waited 158 days :D

I only waited 97 days for mine - mind you, as I had handed over my p/x at the point I ordered the car that was quite long enough thank you!

Doubt it Wongy. The new Fiesta has been out for over a year now & initial orders for it were HUGE! I read somewhere infact that even Ford were amazed at the amount of orders for it - let alone all the cars needed for showroom examples, demonstrators, etc. Not only that; the 2 plants that built it (Germany & Spain) were initially the only ones supplying the whole of Europe as well as Australia and NZ. In the past few months however - Ford started making them at plants in the Far East (including now cars for the Aus/NZ market) - so although demand is still very high in Europe for the new Fiesta - a year on & waiting times are coming down a little. It really does depend on which bits n bobs you want on your car tbh. If you want a standard spec car of any Fiesta trim - you only have to wait a matter of weeks. If you specify lots of goodies however - the wait seems to be 2 or 3 months or thereabouts.

By the way; we in the UK wait the longest for new Fiesta's. If you're a buyer in say Germany or France or Holland for example - then Ford can transport cars from one European country to another without any problem because they're all left-hand drive. In the UK of course - we drive on the correct side of the road - so we require right-hand drive cars. There is nowhere in Europe that we can 'raid' cars from. All our cars have to be built in batches of RHD cars - hence the sizeable wait.

hehe longer i wait for it the sooner am 21 and the less chances my mum is going to write it off :P so am in no rush at all hehe

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club