Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle from top end ??

Paddy Fusion

Evening guys.

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on what happened to my 1.4tdci last night.

We were stuck in traffic for over an hour last night with long spells of idling, after a while the throttle became very unresponsive until i gave it a good rev and then all was fine for a little while longer...this happened a couple of times. 

My main concern was after this happened for the third or fourth time, when I revved the engine it sounded very tappety as the revs peaked at about 3000rpm.

When we got out of the traffic every thing seemed ok and we continued on our journey which included an hour or so of motorway driving. 

I gave the car a quick look this morning and I can't see anything wrong...it started and drove perfect.

It is the 1.4tdci with 98000 on the clock, it uses very little oil and returns the expected mileage to the gallon...

Does anyone have any idea on this 'fault' that happened last night...

Thanks all

Phil

Does the car sound like its 'chuffing' on idle? I would suggest removing the airbox and have a look at the injectors and the area around the injectors for any leaks.

When was the oil changed last btw? I have found my 1.4TDCi is slightly noisier due to the colder conditions at the moment, I would check oil and fluid levels anyway.