Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That US version Fiesta in White & Squeeze...

Nightowl

The first official pictures of the US-spec Ford Fiesta have been released.

The car, which is due to be unveiled at today's Los Angeles Auto Show, will be sold in in America as a five-door hatchback and a four-door saloon.

Only one engine option will be available: a 1.6-litre petrol four-pot with 119bhp and 109lb ft of torque. It can be mated to a five-speed manual gearbox or six-speed dual-clutch automatic unit that is operated via a standard shift stick.

Ford claims the automatic will hit 36mpg in town and 48mpg on the motorway - not high by European standards, but class-leading in the US.

Although Ford says the US-spec car is 40 per cent different from the European car, the visual changes are minimal.

The front grille is a new design - particularly noticeable on the the saloon - and the fog lamps have been replaced with an LED strip.

Inside, the seats are said to feature more bolstering, the dash shape has been mildly altered to meet crash test regulations (including the inclusion of a knee airbag) and there are styling changes, with less chrome styling on some models.

Standard kit includes a four-inch LCD display, an MP3 socket, push start button, bluetooth capability and climate control.

Options include heated seats and side mirrors, powered seats, a sunroof and leather upholstery.

Frozen white:

whitegc.jpg

Squeeze:

squeeze.jpg

And the centre console.

dashf.jpg

What MPG are they quoting? Metric or imperial?

lMAO! It definitely isn't metric Mr. Fox! However I would imagine that the miles and gallons referred to would be US as opposed to Imperial

It's a bit of an odd shape, or maybe it's just the angle. :blink:

i was thinking the same its lost the "kinetic design" that won all the euro sales. it looks rather boxy to me and i doubt id have been so quick to buy one.

The front end looks nowhere near as good as the European car. I don't know whether the front light clusters are exactly the same on both versions but they've lost all of their visual impact attached to that flabby front bumper.

Also, I don't want to make any sweeping generalisations here but is having more heavily bolstered seats really a good idea on the US spec car? ;)

The front end looks nowhere near as good as the European car. I don't know whether the front light clusters are exactly the same on both versions but they've lost all of their visual impact attached to that flabby front bumper.

Also, I don't want to make any sweeping generalisations here but is having more heavily bolstered seats really a good idea on the US spec car? ;)

they moved the indicators to the top of the lights aint they... and them fogs, undecided on whether i like them or not! but yeh i would say the euro car looks better thank god!

Maybe the extra bolstering is there for them to eat

Are you implying our friends from across the pond are cushion eaters? PMSL

Are you implying our friends from across the pond are cushion eaters? PMSL

Haha you guys said it, I was trying to be subtle lol. Does seem a bit odd how they've done that though. You'd think Ford would just put a bit bench in the front like in a pick-up truck. Thought that was how the Americans liked it! :lol:

Haha you guys said it, I was trying to be subtle lol. Does seem a bit odd how they've done that though. You'd think Ford would just put a bit bench in the front like in a pick-up truck. Thought that was how the Americans liked it! :lol:

Plus maybe a rotisserie, doughnut shop and refrigerator in the back... Just to be sure...

Sunroof: great addition. Really finishes up the look of the mk7.

Those new fog lights: Horrible. Just horrible.

If you really want a sunroof in your car these guys can make it happen: http://www.webasto.co.uk/general/en/am_automobile_3016.html

My last fiesta had a sunroof and it was amazing! It let the heat out so quickly! Although I dont miss it now I have air conin the MK7

They think the 1.6 is good for MPG, why dont they lump the 1.6 diesel in there, 70+mpg the US will faint!

Piggy :)

lMAO! It definitely isn't metric Mr. Fox! However I would imagine that the miles and gallons referred to would be US as opposed to Imperial

Whoops, well, you know what I meant.

US mpg or UK mpg :lol: It was late :)

they moved the indicators to the top of the lights aint they... and them fogs, undecided on whether i like them or not! but yeh i would say the euro car looks better thank god!

Think the indicator is still where it was, and the top one is one of the orange lights that they put on side of all cars in the US (some sort of position light thats always on)

Am I the only one that would love to have them new LED lights where the fog lights are on our euro cars on my own car? :unsure:

Am I the only one that would love to have them new LED lights where the fog lights are on our euro cars on my own car? :unsure:

No, I'd like DRLs, but not at the expense of the foglights :(

I think the Euro Fiestas will see a total headlight redesign to incorporate the LED DRLs and at the same time keep the foglights too. B)

I'd be willing to lose the fog lights :lol: havnt used them in 11 and a half months of ownership!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club