Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eonon Android radio

James

Finally upgraded my car radio to an Eonon Android unit.  Love it so far.  Better sound quality than the previous Ford 6000 cd unit anyway.  Would recommend. 

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

• Like 4

Head unit looks good have you installed the rear view camera as it's a good feature to have? 

• Like 2

No not yet.  I'm going to look into fitting the back up camera whenever I get time.  It will be a handy feature to have. It does have Sat Nav through google maps as default although there are many other apps such as waze that can be used as well.  The unit came with a gps cable but you can use WiFi to connect to google maps.  I am happy out with the radio and would recommend.  

• Like 1

I ordered the radio from www.eonon.co.uk on Black Friday and it was with me the following Wednesday, I have to say I was impressed with that.  

• Like 2

Hi james

i have a similar unit made by eonon I placed the sat nav antenna behind the passenger a pillar trim there is a clip on YouTube how to do it but it's very easy to do. I also have the camera and use it all the time when reversing especially at night when you have privacy glass

• Like 2

Thanks Darren, yeah I have seen that clip.  I plan to put in the sat nav antenna in the next few days.   In regards the back up camera I guess its tricky putting the wire through the interior of the car?  Where does the camera fit in the back of the car, does it replace one of the number plate lights?  I haven't really looked at the free back up camera I got with the radio as of yet.  

• Like 1

Yes mine replaced one of the number plate bulbs then you run it up inside the tail gate and out through the rubber grommet between the tailgate and roof of the car I would try using something like Bowden cable as use for pushbike brake cable to run it through as it would be flexible enough. Then you run it along the left hand side of the headlining. Someone had done a tutorial on the forum just can't remember who it's vote a good chance of being Lenny or maybe Rree you also need to take a feed from the reversing light to power the camera up when in reverse it's a bit involved but well worth it in the end. Good luck

• Like 2

Found the tutorial it's by Brigante and can be found it the tutorial section second page I think. It's showing a mk2 focus as it has a different type of bulb holder mk 2 are uses screws as the face lift is clipped 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to be careful if you replace one of the bulbs which illuminate the number plate. There's a possibility that the number plate won't be properly illuminated and a keen copper may book you.
If you look at any ford with a rear view camera as standard you'll see its a small unit screwed onto the lip of the boot lid above the number plate.
Just something to think about.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i have this in silver and have fitted reverse camera great addition to the reverse sensors i bought the led number plate lights and mounted camera on one side and doesn't effect the light at all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loonytaz said:

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

Looks good and as you said it doesn't affect the number plate light much at all going by these pictures.  I went with black simply because the original  Ford 6000 unit was black, didn't really think about it to be honest.  Black and silver goes well together.  

• Like 1