Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 03 stereo swap. Does this look right?

Drich290195

So I have a fiesta 03 with triple deck radio in. I bought a double din faceplate adapter and plan to cut the bar out.

I want to put in my old double din radio from the focus. It looks like it won't go far enough into the adapter and not sit flush. 

What do you think is this the right part will the radio sit far enough back. Don't want to take apart if it's not going to fit. Thanks for looking 

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5615.JPG

Your Focus headunit is actually larger than double din. If you wanted to fit a double din into say a 2007 focus you need to get a double din reducing plate for it. So in short, sorry, no its not right and wont fit with that plate you have.

This is the fascia plate to go in a Focus to show you what i mean.

Screenshot_20161207-190532.png

• Like 3

Agreed, that fascia adaptor is for an aftermarket double din.
If you could locate a fascia from the facelift mk6 Fiesta as I believe they fitted the Visteon radio in your picture instead of the triple bar type.

Sent from my SM-G930F

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Agreed, that fascia adaptor is for an aftermarket double din.
If you could locate a fascia from the facelift mk6 Fiesta as I believe they fitted the Visteon radio in your picture instead of the triple bar type.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I dont think that would work looking at this pic with the vents connected if this is what you were thinking of Stoney?

Screenshot_20161207-194707.png

Scrub that, most likely won't fit.
Aftermarket double din is probably best option tbh.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Double din would definitely look better than single din as the single fascia plate has a useless ugly cubby hole under/above it. I sold a Fiesta when working at Fords but the buyer hated the single din conversion so i had to strip 2 Fiestas to swap it back over to standard for her. Seem to remember the heater control rods being a right pain! That was about 11yrs ago now.

Screenshot_20161207-200649.png

Screenshot_20161207-200825.png

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

Your Focus headunit is actually larger than double din. If you wanted to fit a double din into say a 2007 focus you need to get a double din reducing plate for it. So in short, sorry, no its not right and wont fit with that plate you have.

This is the fascia plate to go in a Focus to show you what i mean.

Screenshot_20161207-190532.png

Ok thanks so its just a standard double din stereo i need then to use with that faceplate i bought ? Any recommendations for something up to £100. Just want aux or bluetooth. Didn't realise the focus was actually bigger than double din bugger. We have a mk 6 ST shown in my avatar and thats the same size as the focus so swapping that dash would be a no go. Thanks for the help appreciated. 

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

Double din would definitely look better than single din as the single fascia plate has a useless ugly cubby hole under/above it. I sold a Fiesta when working at Fords but the buyer hated the single din conversion so i had to strip 2 Fiestas to swap it back over to standard for her. Seem to remember the heater control rods being a right pain! That was about 11yrs ago now.

Screenshot_20161207-200649.png

Screenshot_20161207-200825.png

Quick one with that bracket I bought would I still need to buy a cage for the steep to go in or does it screw into the adaptor I bought. Thanks 🙏 

On Wednesday, December 07, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Drich290195 said:

Quick one with that bracket I bought would I still need to buy a cage for the steep to go in or does it screw into the adaptor I bought. Thanks 🙏 

I dont know what it is that youve bought from your pic mate. Have a look at this as its a complete fitting kit listed for your car with the triple deck headunit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361463142323

10 hours ago, WES180 said:

I dont know what it is that youve bought from your pic mate. Have a look at this as its a complete fitting kit listed for your car with the triple deck headunit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361463142323

ThAnks buddy