Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats this?

mac801123

Can any one tell me what this is??? It's the first time I've seen one, seems too be a light sensor. Just on top of the dash to the right of the cluster.

Many thanks.

IMAG1226.jpg

There was never anything like a light sensor on the MK1/1.5. I think its just a blemish in the light on the camera or damage to the dashboard.

I'll get a better pic of it for you tomorrow but trust me it there... blue disc with a sensor of some description with 2 wires going to it. I'm removing a dash at the scrap yard today and found it. So can have good photos for you to look at.

Aftermarket flashing immobiliser light possibly?

Sent from my SM-G930F

It's not a light... and it's a Ford part, I've looked on the net and only found it on cars with the digital heater pod.IMAG1229_BURST001.jpgIMAG1230.jpg

Sun load sensor then.
Should have a cap over it though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Was it a bluey/purple cap that used to go over it? I can visualise it but cant find a pic of one.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Sun load sensor then.
Should have a cap over it though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

If you look at the close up the blue/purple disc is next to it. What is the sun load sensor for??

Sun load sensors fine tune a climate control system to take direct sunlight heat into consideration when cooling the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Ah right that would explain why they are only on the cars with digital heaters...

• Like 1

Just wondered what the hell it was. Thank you. Messed about with fords most of my life and this is the first time I've come across one. :smile:

• Like 1