#16 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

sorry that was off subject realy...anyway,

try changing the grills to a nice mesh, there is another post on here about that, and if you scower the net, nice mesh is available quite cheap compared to Halfrauds etc :)

Get the ford gel badges??

Nice set of Ford mats?

Piggy :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nico.

Nico.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

there perfectly road legal thanks my bulbs i got ice white not any of these daft colours

#18 FMC

FMC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec-S TDCi + Eibachs

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

What a pointless waste of a thread

FWIW my Focus ST2 has xenons which were standard equipment fitted in the factory, and i often get flashed by people, day and night who decide that my lights are too bright for them

My advice to anyone who doesn't like xenons, or xenon-effect bulbs - GET YOUR EYES TESTED.

#19 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

i agree totally with the coments on the idiots who drive round with fog lights on all the time and often give them the same treatment as mentioned in other posts.Also on these brighter bulbs i should think most of the chavs that have them don't even no what they are doing to other road users and atleast won't even care any how.Another anoying thing i find is the use of the horn to say goodbye or hello to people you have just visited.the hours of 7am and 11pm spring to mind .and as for pavement parkers don't get me started............. :angry: :angry:

#20 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

What a pointless waste of a thread

FWIW my Focus ST2 has xenons which were standard equipment fitted in the factory, and i often get flashed by people, day and night who decide that my lights are too bright for them

My advice to anyone who doesn't like xenons, or xenon-effect bulbs - GET YOUR EYES TESTED.

i do every 6 mnths but it still dose't stop my eyes from being hurt by the glare of poorly adjusted headlights and bulbs.

#21 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

xenons that are fitted as standard are perfectly fine.

HID's that are fitted after market to cars that shouldnt have them are annoying, the lense wasnt designed for it SO DONT DO IT

#22 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS
  • Year: 2013

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:10 PM

My Focus ST also has the Xenons as standard (like FMC) and I too get flashed ALL THE TIME!!! My lights are correctly aligned and auto leveling, but some people just seem to have an issue with Xenons. I get quite annoyed at people flashing me, but I would never flash back at them as fullbeam from the Xenons are retina-burningly bright.

To Jonny87:
By flashing people who's headlights you deem to be too bright or misaligned, you are equally as likely to cause a crash by blinding the 'offending' driver or possibly another driver behind them. I agree that sometimes it is annoying, but please don't add to the problem...

#23 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

To Jonny87:
By flashing people who's headlights you deem to be too bright or misaligned, you are equally as likely to cause a crash by blinding the 'offending' driver or possibly another driver behind them. I agree that sometimes it is annoying, but please don't add to the problem...

amen

#24 Wongy

Wongy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S
Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

whoa there bigjock, hold your horses and I will try and answer your questions... :)

So if/when my cars headlights where to fail and i had to replace them then what do i replace them with?
A: Check the manual that comes with the car it will tell you in there

whats wrong with using a better performing bulb over the clearly poor ones fitted when the car was built?
A: Once again, bodging xenon bulbs into halogen headlights is illegal (see my previous post). Also there is nothing wrong with the bulbs fitted when the car was built they are absolutely fine. All of the bulbs in my car are still going strong after 18,000 miles, and the projector headlamps on the Fiesta really are quite excellent already.

if the replacement bulbs say they conform to eu regulations/standards then is that ok?
A: No. The Ministry of Transport quite clearly states: "In the Department's view it is not legal to sell or use after market HID lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon. If a customer wants to convert his vehicle to Xenon HID he must purchase completely new Xenon HID headlamps. The reason for this is that the existing lens and reflector are designed around a Halogen filament bulb, working to very precise tolerances. If one places a HID "burner" (bulb) in the headlamp, the beam pattern will not be correct, there will be glare in some places and not enough light in other places within the beam pattern."

also how is this enforceable?
A: Police, Highways agency traffic officers, VOSA etc etc. All they need say is that your HID's are causing a danger to other road users and i'm sure theres a whole load of legislation that they can pull you up on in regard to that...

are the rozzers going to confiscate the headlight bulbs for investigation?
A: They probably wont do that no, but they will more likely give you a producer that may well be followed up by a summons...

i completely agree that there are allot of real heaps out there with ridiculous lighting but surely a new car with upgraded xenon effect bulbs should be ok?
A: Xenon "effect" bulbs are apparantly legal here is a site for example: http://www.powerbulb...ail.asp?prod=25 I would imagine the main reason for this is that xenon "effect" buls are in fact halogens just like normal car bulbs

Hope that helps you!! :)

LOL you really dont like HIDS/XENON upgrades do you? i might just come round drive behind with my HIDS and put my fogs aswel :P

#25 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

you got HIDs fitted then wongy?!?

#26 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

sorry that was off subject realy...anyway,

try changing the grills to a nice mesh, there is another post on here about that, and if you scower the net, nice mesh is available quite cheap compared to Halfrauds etc :)

Get the ford gel badges??

Nice set of Ford mats?

Piggy :)

back to subject matter.... :rolleyes:

#27 Wongy

Wongy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S
Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

nah i use to have them fitted on my clio with angel eye projector style lights didnt get chance to do it with my mx5.. if i got the mk7 i wont mind fitting them on that either just to !Removed! jonny87 off :P

#28 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

nah i use to have them fitted on my clio with angel eye projector style lights didnt get chance to do it with my mx5.. if i got the mk7 i wont mind fitting them on that either just to !Removed! jonny87 off :P

:lol:

#29 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:00 AM

My Focus ST also has the Xenons as standard (like FMC) and I too get flashed ALL THE TIME!!! My lights are correctly aligned and auto leveling, but some people just seem to have an issue with Xenons. I get quite annoyed at people flashing me, but I would never flash back at them as fullbeam from the Xenons are retina-burningly bright.

To Jonny87:

Its not the brightness, its where they are pointing. They are supposed to point at the road, not through my windscreen. Am I wrong???

Don't get me wrong, properly calibrated factory fit Xenons look great!

Its when they're not properly calibrated or when they've been bodged into a halogen fitment that they cause grief on the roads

lmao!

#30 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

there perfectly road legal thanks my bulbs i got ice white not any of these daft colours

It doesn't matter what colour they are Nico, we have quite clearly established that aftermarket Xenons on the Fiesta are illegal. Once again here's a nice webpage from the Ministry of Transport for you to read:

http://www.dft.gov.u...rs/hidheadlamps

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users