Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some advice on the cruise control retrofit (Mk2)

Flibbib

Hi guys! I'm ready to get started on this, and it's the final thing I need to do before my car is basically a top spec with all the toys!

I can go and get the steering wheel tomorrow, all I need to know is these couple of things:

1. I have ELMConfig, modified cable and ForScan. Can I enable it myself? I know where to go in the software, just wanted to make sure
  2. Compatibility with my current air bag etc is fine I'm assuming
  3. Does anyone know the socket I need to remove the wheel? The guide says key 27, does that mean 27mm?

Thanks in advance guys!

I can't help with a Focus, but last weekend I activated cruise control on my 2013 Fiesta using the same cable etc as you have. I had bought a steering wheel off eBay with the c/c buttons 12 months ago but no one could tell me how to do the activation. Last week i googled Fiesta c/c and there was a reply on the Ford ST forum. Full instructions were given and in 10 minutes my C/C was activated.

Mac

1. Yes you can enable it yourself with ELMConfig.  Needs to be done in the PCM, GEM and HEC.

2. If you had a 4 spoke wheel the airbag is the same.  If you are changing from 3 spoke to 4 spoke the airbag cover is different.  You can change just the cover (not re-useable but can be bought new online) but most people change the whole airbag for ease.  

3. I haven't done one for a while so can't remember the size, 27mm sounds right though. 

hi what cable do i need? getting fed of of trying to find someone to enable mine , so thinking of having a go myself!

any links to a working cable on eBay?thanks

• 3 weeks later...

finally sorted ! cruise control and auto wipers and auto lights enabled! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club