Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for a LOUD horn

Flibbib

Hello again.

I'm looking to replace my horn on my Mk2 focus. I can see two horns in the front, but they're a bit broken as they make a squealing noise sometimes.

Ideally, I'd love the horn that police cars have (I know the Met definitely use them). The exact one i'd like is found in this video at 3:04, the constant low noise

If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it, as there's no way of knowing what they actually sound like until fitted

based on my research of the US based horns , I'm guessing that the horn that you hear is part of the siren package on the vehicle & not the actual vehicle horn

Ahh that's a shame. I've seen them before bib at people in London and when they press their steering wheel that's the noise that comes out. Anything similar really, there's a lot of morons around here and it's nice to inform them without swearworrds

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flibbib said:

Ahh that's a shame. I've seen them before bib at people in London and when they press their steering wheel that's the noise that comes out. Anything similar really, there's a lot of morons around here and it's nice to inform them without swearworrds

As far as I'm aware all sirens are controlled through the horn button so that's not just the horn they are using its how the entire system is controlled. 

5 hours ago, SeanW said:

Train horns :D

:lol:

5 hours ago, Flibbib said:

Is that even possible lol?

Yes, it's possible

A chap I used to know from the Volvo owners club, was railway engineer. He fitted, mainly for his own amusement; a train horn to his Volvo 940 Estate.  His horn set up (tanks, compressor etc) occupied most of the back seat and boot area, leaving little room for passengers. 

You can always fit a ships horn, if the train isn't loud enough for you. Here someone with both on his car

He clearly didn't think they were loud enough and upgraded to something bigger:lol:

• Like 4

Nah I think i'll just stick to the first one I mentioned lol

The (electronic) air horn is indeed part of the siren system. You can get individual boxes but i'm not sure how legal they are. They are just frequencies mashed together (like your existing horn) and not musical but still... i wouldn't like to try it!

I had a cheap air horn on a previous car, fitted by a previous owner, it was just one of those basic air horns with the small 12v compressor and twin horn setup, lots of eBay for not much money.

13 hours ago, SeanW said:

Train horns :D

id love to get the train horn .ive seen the pranks that people do with them.they are very loud

Just now, mrmetallica said:

id love to get the train horn .ive seen the pranks that people do with them.they are very loud

Same mate. If it fit under the bonnet I'd have a crack at it but that setup looks enormous

Many, many years ago I had a Citroën CX estate. That had a 2 stage horn with a motorway horn that kicked in after a hard press of the button.

It went Beeeep! - BLAAAAAAH!!! Whether air or electronic I don't know but it was impressive!

I've often thought that the standard Beeeep! isn't sufficient and that there should be main beam and loud horn combined button. I'm sure it could be argued that such a thing complied with the Highway Code's 'warning of approach' dictum...:wink:

I wish I'd had that thing this morning when a lady in an Aygo pulled out of a country lane T-junction without checking to her left - where I just happened to be arriving!

5 hours ago, trailertrash said:

Many, many years ago I had a Citroën CX estate. That had a 2 stage horn with a motorway horn that kicked in after a hard press of the button.

It went Beeeep! - BLAAAAAAH!!! Whether air or electronic I don't know but it was impressive!

I've often thought that the standard Beeeep! isn't sufficient and that there should be main beam and loud horn combined button. I'm sure it could be argued that such a thing complied with the Highway Code's 'warning of approach' dictum...:wink:

I wish I'd had that thing this morning when a lady in an Aygo pulled out of a country lane T-junction without checking to her left - where I just happened to be arriving!

I'd be really interested in electronic options too. I have 240v AC aswell as the 12v DC so have room to play

GMX. Absolutely creased watching those horn videos :laughing:

i want want want a train horn !!  :-D

it would fit beautifully on my roof rails and theres loads of space for an air compressor in an estate lol........

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club