Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket stereo installed question

Drich290195

I installed a cheap Sony DSX-A400BT in my 03 fiesta. . My question is the stereo only comes on when the ignition is turned unlike the old one. 

The manyal suggests being able to swap the red and yellow cables arounf but not sure if this is just for compatibility or to be able to do the above. Iv put in the post the pages that discuss this see if anyone else can understand it. 

It does remember settings when the engine is off so there must be power to it. 

Is this a a limitation of the radio or do I need to change something. Many thanks. 

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

this is normal for an aftermarket stereo radio comes on with the ignition. this is to prevent battery discharge.  

• Like 2

If you connect the yellow and red cable from the headunit into the the larger connector as in the diagram in the top right of your third picture it will work I dependant if the ignition switch but, you will have to remember to turn the headunit off or you will have a flat battery.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2016 at 11:08 PM, MarksST said:

If you connect the yellow and red cable from the headunit into the the larger connector as in the diagram in the top right of your third picture it will work I dependant if the ignition switch but, you will have to remember to turn the headunit off or you will have a flat battery.

Thanks