Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag light

Ken.K

Hello all anyone know why I have this light on and how to turn it off. I cannot see any airbag off/on switch.

32dec63742efe53df95e6c519766e291.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

i have this a lot .mines the connectors on the seat plug .it goes of when it feels like it ,i think a lot of electrical problems are to do with the connectors ford use .my head light high beam plays up .i think the connectors are rubbish what ford use

Mine is constantly on and has been since day one. Thought there was a switch in the glove box I could switch off.

It was an optional extra to have the passenger airbag deactivate switch in the glovebox, most don't have it so if you can't see it it's probably not there lol.  

If you've got FORScan I think that shows airbag faults.  Usual culprit is the seat plugs though, not just on Fords either, most cars have the same problem where the seat gets moved back and forward and the plugs come loose.  Do you know if the car was in a bump before you got it, cat D or anything?  As it could be a blown seatbelt pretensioner if that's the case.

• Like 1

It was an optional extra to have the passenger airbag deactivate switch in the glovebox, most don't have it so if you can't see it it's probably not there lol.  
If you've got FORScan I think that shows airbag faults.  Usual culprit is the seat plugs though, not just on Fords either, most cars have the same problem where the seat gets moved back and forward and the plugs come loose.  Do you know if the car was in a bump before you got it, cat D or anything?  As it could be a blown seatbelt pretensioner if that's the case.

No accident am the 3rd owner and the previous owner really took care of the care before me and I got a hpi check and all. I will check the plugs under the seats? Do I have to remove the seat?

1 hour ago, Ken.K said:

No accident am the 3rd owner and the previous owner really took care of the care before me and I got a hpi check and all. I will check the plugs under the seats? Do I have to remove the seat?

you dont but your supposed to disconect the battery for 10 minutes before you unplug the set connector

Any guide or something I can look at?

just leaving ign off for a few mins will suffice. then stick you head under the front seats at the front. you will see a black plastic block connector with either 7mm or 8mm(cant remember the size) bolt in the middle.unscrewing the bolt pulls the connector apart. pull connector off then refit .dont evertighten bolt, just pinch it up.

if that doesnt fix the light, then you will need forscan and elm or garage to read codes and diagnose for you. ive done a few side airbags( the one in the seat back) on your age of focus

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

If the airbag has gone you can usually tell by sticking a voltmeter into the corresponding plug, passenger seat LH side bag is the yellow connector in the block under the seat. It should read around 2.7 ohms on the resistance scale. If it doesn't then the bags gone. Remove the yellow connector block from the assembly by bending the ssmall tab on the rear inwards and pushing hard from the front, cut and trim back the brown and blue wires that extend from the rear of the block, and solder a 2.7ohm  2 watt resistor across the blue and brown wires. Wrap in electricians tape, wrap the loose wires going to the bag and reassemble the connector, plug the front connector plate back in and screw it up. Hey presto the light illuminates on turning the key and goes off in a few seconds.

Most of the other small bags in the car are also 2.7 ohms and can be bypassed the same way, the main dashboard bags are a different resistance value. A quick scan with a diagnostic tool will show what they should be and what value resistor you need to use. 

I have a bucket load of these resistors and can take a few pics if anyone needs the help. Hit me up on facebook and i'll post them out FOC.

Mine just passed its MOT today and this light had been on for at least six months until i fixed it last night.

Simon

• 7 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 12:53 AM, sq225917 said:

If the airbag has gone you can usually tell by sticking a voltmeter into the corresponding plug, passenger seat LH side bag is the yellow connector in the block under the seat. It should read around 2.7 ohms on the resistance scale. If it doesn't then the bags gone. Remove the yellow connector block from the assembly by bending the ssmall tab on the rear inwards and pushing hard from the front, cut and trim back the brown and blue wires that extend from the rear of the block, and solder a 2.7ohm  2 watt resistor across the blue and brown wires. Wrap in electricians tape, wrap the loose wires going to the bag and reassemble the connector, plug the front connector plate back in and screw it up. Hey presto the light illuminates on turning the key and goes off in a few seconds.

Most of the other small bags in the car are also 2.7 ohms and can be bypassed the same way, the main dashboard bags are a different resistance value. A quick scan with a diagnostic tool will show what they should be and what value resistor you need to use. 

I have a bucket load of these resistors and can take a few pics if anyone needs the help. Hit me up on facebook and i'll post them out FOC.

Mine just passed its MOT today and this light had been on for at least six months until i fixed it last night.

Simon

Hi mate can you help me! I saw your comments about the airbag light on focus st. I've changed my mk 2.5 leather ST3 seats for mk 3 ones. The plugs fitted fine and the heated seats and electrics work fine. I had to switch a couple of wires around on the passenger side plug to  get the seat to adjust correctly but everything works fine now. I disconnected the battery first but I have an airbag light on? Any ideas? 🤔

• 1 month later...

Hi i bought a crash car that has crash underneath the fault is restraint module and driver seat belt. I change all sensors and seat belt even a blow airbag for passenger still the airbag light no goes off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club