Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 Low oil reading

outdoor-boy

I have a focus mkiii 2012 1.6tdci.  Stated oil capacity including filter is 3.8 litres.  When replacing the oil with 3.8 litres, exactly, the level on the dipstick only reaches approx quarter full even after taking multiple readings.

Advice please as I am definitely not going to add extra oil above 3.8 litres but it's really bugging me I'm driving around with quite a low amount of oil according to the dipstick reading.

Thanks 

ive found that the later  1.6 tdci engine found in mk3 focus and fiestas 2013 on take a little more . i used to fill to 4 litres no issues. if you didnt then customers used to complain that very issue of not at high point on dipstick.

Same here, when I change my oil on my 2012 1.6tdci it does take the full 4.0 litres of oil to get it to the full level on the dipstick. 

I do add the 3.8 litres then wait ages for it to settle, even check it the next day after driving . Wait for it to cool and check again adding a bit more, and so on till I'm happy with the level.

It always ends up at 4.0 litres but I feel happy knowing that it's not over filled. 

• Like 1