Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Mac86

How do you change the front wiper motor

10 posts in this topic

My front wiper motor is faulty. It was raining when I took my car to the MOT test centre and suddenly the wiper stopped working so I had to park for a few minutes until it stopped raining. When I got the test centre the front wipers started to work again...weird I know. And now it doesn't work any more ahaha.

There isn't anything wrong with the fuse.

Does anyone have any instructions or diagrams on how to replace the wiper motor?

Many Thanks

You checked its not a faulty switch/stalk?

Not too difficult, basic tools and knowledge, gap under the scuttle where the wiper arms are, you should be able to see the motor, basic job :)

Post some pics if you can, better for memory, can guide you through.

I think there is a plastic panel to remove to gain better access.

Piggy :)

Ok I located where it is. But how do you remove the plastic panel...it seems impossible without the plastic panel removed first.

photo0337u.th.jpg

photo0338bj.th.jpg

wiper arms look like they will need to come off if you need to remove the plastic panel which could be a mare as sometimes they are stuck on well with corrosion. there is probably a few clips holding it on other than that.

in those pics looks like the panel is off?!?!

Its just a case of remove the motor from the wiper arm mechanism and I beleive 3 bolts holding the motor on and a plug :)

I have taken all the screws off. Now I can't seem to remove the old motor from the long piece of metal (where the black piece of plastic is on the picture). But the replacement part you can take of the long piece of metal effortlessly.

Picture of the replacement part

photo0341.th.jpg

Surely use the small arm (small piece of metal) on the new replacement motor?!?!

Surely use the small arm (small piece of metal) on the new replacement motor?!?!

I haven't removed any of the wiper blades because I thought it would be a easy job, but the small arm is stuck. I have only removed the screws that were attached to the motor :(

Where is it stuck, where its bolted on the motor or where it connects to the rest of the mechanism??

<_< <_<

Where is it stuck, where its bolted on the motor or where it connects to the rest of the mechanism??

Not to worry I have sorted it out now. It just needed a bit of force and some WD-40.

Thanks for your help guys